Task Lighting Option - Wrong Switch

I have a 2019 Silverado HC that is suppose to come standard with the "Task Lighting" option discussed on page 180 of the Owner's Manual.

Mine came with the lights in the outside mirrors, but the switch that controls them looked different than the one in the manual. After much reading and messing with it and not able to get them to work, I called and talked to my salesman and he said it should have the Task Lighting option since it was a HC. He said he would verify it with a trainer for the 2019 Silverado's that was going to be at the dealership the next day. The trainer also agreed it should have them since it was a HC.  The service department said they would order the other switch and give it a try.

Today, was the day of reckoning! I had an appointment at 8am for them to put it in, and at 8:09am Mark my Service Advisor was handing me back my key saying the switch was in and the Task Lighting now works...9 whole minutes!!!

Somewhere along the assembly line someone grabbed a switch for a lower model and put it in.

So if you have a HC and you can't get the Task Lighting to work, have them make sure you have the correct switch!

Kudos go out to Cascade Auto Center of Wenatchee for getting this sorted out and remedied in a timely fashion!

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
On 11/12/2018 at 2:21 PM, RAYS B4U said:

I have a 2019 Silverado HC that is suppose to come standard with the "Task Lighting" option discussed on page 180 of the Owner's Manual.

Mine came with the lights in the outside mirrors, but the switch that controls them looked different than the one in the manual. After much reading and messing with it and not able to get them to work, I called and talked to my salesman and he said it should have the Task Lighting option since it was a HC. He said he would verify it with a trainer for the 2019 Silverado's that was going to be at the dealership the next day. The trainer also agreed it should have them since it was a HC.  The service department said they would order the other switch and give it a try.

Today, was the day of reckoning! I had an appointment at 8am for them to put it in, and at 8:09am Mark my Service Advisor was handing me back my key saying the switch was in and the Task Lighting now works...9 whole minutes!!!

Somewhere along the assembly line someone grabbed a switch for a lower model and put it in.

So if you have a HC and you can't get the Task Lighting to work, have them make sure you have the correct switch!

Kudos go out to Cascade Auto Center of Wenatchee for getting this sorted out and remedied in a timely fashion!

We’re happy to hear your task lighting is operational, Ray. Please don’t hesitate to contact us if you have any other questions.

Anthony J.

• Like 1