2017 Yukon wifi problem

My 2017 Yukon wifi works intermittently.

This has persisted since shortly after I originally bought the vehicle in August of 2017. It started in September of that year. I noticed after my Echo in insalled stopped connecting to the internet. The problem started prior to any mods except for the running boards, which were a dealer installed mod. I have a Directed alarm installed and I also had the smartstart module installed. I have been to 6 dealers in 4 states (I travel a lot for work) and they can't always recreate the issues.

It does not work more than it does work as my usage logs show. Restarting does not fix the issue on most occasions. I have spent hours online with Onstar and ATT support. It seems to be a problem with the system connecting to the router as sometimes I can connect a computer to the router even though the truck has not connected to it.

I have experimented removing or disconnecting the running boards, alarm and smartstart module with no success.

One weird thing is that when the issue is acting up, I can connect my Galaxy s6 wifi sharing to the truck and any device in my vehicle, but I can't connect the S9 wifi. The truck won't see the S9 at all, but it can see the radio from the S6. I have had to use other hotspots or the xfinity system, but sometimes my devices can't "see" those when I'm in the truck. I almost wonder if there is some sort of interference being emitted in the truck. As I mentioned, I have disconnected anything that I thought may be causing interference with no success. Even my tint is ceramic, so it shouldn't cause any interference.

Most times the wifi radio is displayed as available but the unit will not connect to it. When this is the case is when I can sometimes connect my computer or phone to the wifi.

Anyone else have a similar issue or any suggestions? It's pretty frustrating.

• 2 weeks later...