Yukon Denali A/C Fan Blowing Too Much

Hey everyone. 

In March I purchased a 2018 Yukon Denali, after driving a 2010 Yukon Denali for 8 years. I've noticed a huge difference with the A/C fan in my new Denali vs. the old Denali so I'm wondering if this is a problem or just a change in the design.

This is a little difficult to describe.  In my old Denali, if I set the fan on the lowest setting with the A/C on, it would blow just hard enough to feel it with your hand up to the vent. But it wasn't blowing on your face. With my new Denali, the lowest setting blows quite hard. Imagine you were to measure the fan speed on a 1-10 scale, with 10 being the max speed. On my old Denali, the lowest fan setting felt like a 1. On the new Denali, it feels like a 4-5. I've tried toggling the AC and re-circ buttons, but it still blows hard enough that I have to turn the vent away from my face. It almost feels like the fan speed is stuck on 5, despite the display showing the speed set to the lowest setting.

Has anyone else experienced this?  Does anyone know if there was a change in the design of the fan for some reason? Of course I can take it to the dealer and have it checked under warranty, but I thought I would ask here first.

Thanks for any information you can provide.

• 2 months later...

Ha, I thought I was the only one that was bothered by these smaller things. I currently own a 2019 Yukon Denali and previously owned a 2015 Yukon Denali and this is a pet peeve of mine on my 2019 Denali.

On my 2015 Denali, the defrost vents apparently didnt have a good seal or something because they always leaked some air onto the windshield causing it to fog up but thank goodness I dont have that issue on my new one. Not sure if they can do anything about the fan being too strong though. Keep us posted.

• 8 months later...