Remote start- indicator lights don’t come on- no defrost

I have 2014 Sierra 1500. When I use auto start on a cold morning the windows don’t defrost. Indicators lights on the buttons don’t come on until I put the key in the ignition. I’ve tried hitting the auto button on the climate control dial and then trying autostart. Nothing. I have all my heat and defrost settings on but the indicator lights that tell me they are working so not come on. I shouldn’t have to scrape ice off my windows if I autostarted it 10 minutes ago...

What the truck does with the climate controls when you use remote start is based on the outside air temp.  It has nothing to do with the way you left it when you shut it off.  Further, none of the indicator lights come on when you remote start.  In fact, the seat heater actually shuts off when you put the key in and you have to press the button to turn it back on.  The climate controls also revert to the way you left them once the key is inserted and turn to the run position.

Below xx degrees the defrost, rear window defroster and the heated seats (if you have them) come on.
Above xx degrees the AC comes on and the cooled seats if you have them.

• Like 1

On 12/4/2018 at 12:44 PM, Bordo3k said:

I have 2014 Sierra 1500. When I use auto start on a cold morning the windows don’t defrost. Indicators lights on the buttons don’t come on until I put the key in the ignition. I’ve tried hitting the auto button on the climate control dial and then trying autostart. Nothing. I have all my heat and defrost settings on but the indicator lights that tell me they are working so not come on. I shouldn’t have to scrape ice off my windows if I autostarted it 10 minutes ago...

Are you saying the fan does not blow on the windshield at all? Like everything is off till you turn the key on? If so you may have an early version 14 that needs to be reprogrammed to work right. When I got my 14 it dd not do anything with the hvac on remote start. I had to put the key in and turn the ignition on for it to start working. This was not how my 09 worked and I just figured GM changed it that way for some stupid reason. After researching the issue. I found that early build 14s were programmed that way but, you could go to the dealer and get it reprogrammed to work correctly. Which I did. I want to say there is a TSB for the issue. I'm not sure of the number though.