Horn honks 3 times on door close

I have a 2018 Sierra 2500HD that has recently started honking the horn 3 times every time I shut a door. It happens with every door, whether the truck is running or not. Any ideas as to what's causing this? I leave for work fairly early in the morning and I'm sure my neighbors don't appreciate it. 

42 minutes ago, MV Sierra said:

I have a 2018 Sierra 2500HD that has recently started honking the horn 3 times every time I shut a door. It happens with every door, whether the truck is running or not. Any ideas as to what's causing this? I leave for work fairly early in the morning and I'm sure my neighbors don't appreciate it. 

Any chance your extra key fob is in the truck?

• 11 months later...

2018 Sierra Denali Extreme

I had the same issue.  I was gone for 10 days and upon return used my remote start option to ensure my battery was still charged (it was) and let it run until the automatic shut off after 15 minutes.  Later I went out to get something out of it and the dreaded 3 horn honk happened (all 4 doors)

I check online and the only thing I found was someone that said "it stopped after about 12 hours time"..   Mine didn't, so I called the dealer today.     Quote:   "Never heard of that, unless the key fob is in the truck" (it wasn't)   Was told to bring it in.  Went out to my truck and low and behold it has stopped after 24 hours.  Thank goodness!  It was so annoying to me and my neighbors.  Of course now when I bring it to the dealer for service it won't be doing that, so my only thought is that it may have something to do with the auto start feature.... but who knows?!!   Anyway it's stopped for now!

• 2 months later...
  • 7 months later...
On 2/15/2020 at 2:02 PM, zhamashin said:

Did you ever figure out what caused this? My Chevy Colorado just started doing the same thing and it is driving me nuts. 

NO!  and now it's doing it again.  Has been for 4 days now!!!  I have a service appointment this Friday and I "hope" it's still doing it then so THEY can figure it out!   My neighbors in my quiet mountain town must just HATE me!  Have you found out anything further?!

Oh boy!....... ?        Well in conversation with the dealer (still under warranty) in "prep for Friday's service I was told... " hmmmm... well the alarm must have gone off".  We will try to help you on Friday.   THEN a neighbor just said to disconnect the battery to reset it.  and it worked!   Not sure how often this will happen or work, but I think I'll put a lever switch on the negative side of the battery for future use!   Can't believe a truck as expensive as these are could do this and nobody can tell us why or how to permanently fix it!  I'm so sick of this happening, but don't want to disconnect the horn.   If anything changes I'll write back here.

Cheers!

• 1 year later...
On 10/6/2020 at 8:42 PM, dakonthemountain said:

Oh boy!....... ?        Well in conversation with the dealer (still under warranty) in "prep for Friday's service I was told... " hmmmm... well the alarm must have gone off".  We will try to help you on Friday.   THEN a neighbor just said to disconnect the battery to reset it.  and it worked!   Not sure how often this will happen or work, but I think I'll put a lever switch on the negative side of the battery for future use!   Can't believe a truck as expensive as these are could do this and nobody can tell us why or how to permanently fix it!  I'm so sick of this happening, but don't want to disconnect the horn.   If anything changes I'll write back here.

Cheers!

So did this work? My 2016 honks 3-5 times within a minute of locking it with remote. On occasion it'll honk one short quick honk after about 4mins. The infotainment selection for no horn feedback does nothing. I only have one key and not sure if its the primary key or secondary, will that be an issue if i disconnect the battery negative lead?