Gas pedal clicking

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

20 hours ago, triplexbullies said:

loosen it, put the piece under it and then tighten it  back down?

if you have to.  i was able to lift up on the assembly a little, and get the wedge under there.  still no issues!

21 hours ago, triplexbullies said:

Lift it up. It  moves? I guess no wonder it pops back and forth. POS. I am filing a breech of warranty suit if this works. Otherwise I'm lemoning again. This is pure crap.

well, you cant really lift it up  just lift up on it, to slide the paint stick under there.  i didnt loosen anything, and its fine.

17 hours ago, triplexbullies said:

I still haven't tried to fix it yet.. Contacted my attorney though. Breach of warranty in progress. GM Executive Resolutions said "We aren't going to make any further attempts to fix it." 

Wow.  That is unfortunate.  I'm curious how this turns out for you.  Mine is still good.....

16 hours ago, triplexbullies said:

I had to loosen that nut and another one up and to the left to get it up high enough to get the shim under it. Tightened it back down and tried it with my hand. Sounds good so far.  I haven't driven it yet.

Hopefully, that does the trick for you.  Mine is still fine.

HOLY COW! I guess I believed you..... but it's like I am driving a brand new truck! It's amazing not to feel that crap any more. I will say that the the rubber that pops under the mount must be to reduce vibration. I feel a little more road and noise vibration in the pedal than before but I'll take that!

I have a lawyer for the breach of warranty over the pedal now rather than lemoning so I contacted my executive resolution rep to tell her that we needed to keep working on my driveshaft issue as directed by  my lawyer. She said she'd have to call me back after making sure that they can continue to work on the driveshaft now that I have a lawyer for the pedal. She said "they" may tell her that they won't continue working on the driveshaft in this case. Which would be another breach of warranty........

21 hours ago, triplexbullies said:

HOLY COW! I guess I believed you..... but it's like I am driving a brand new truck! It's amazing not to feel that crap any more. I will say that the the rubber that pops under the mount must be to reduce vibration. I feel a little more road and noise vibration in the pedal than before but I'll take that!

glad to hear that worked for you.

17 hours ago, triplexbullies said:

I have a lawyer for the breach of warranty over the pedal now rather than lemoning so I contacted my executive resolution rep to tell her that we needed to keep working on my driveshaft issue as directed by  my lawyer. She said she'd have to call me back after making sure that they can continue to work on the driveshaft now that I have a lawyer for the pedal. She said "they" may tell her that they won't continue working on the driveshaft in this case. Which would be another breach of warranty........

pretty rough situation with your truck.  i hope it all works out for you.

• 4 weeks later...

I had to un fix it for GMs final repair attempt that they required after telling me they weren't going to work on it any more. They didn't attempt to fix anything. No updated from them as far as breach of warranty goes since then though. 

On a better note. They "rotated and greased" my driveshaft. I'm not sure what rotating a driveshaft is... because it rotates all by itself.... but it's snapping less. It only did it when I was pulling my boat since it was serviced. We'll see how long it lasts.