Gas pedal clicking

have a 2018 gmc 6.2l with 4000miles,was driving down the highway today and decided to punch it and when the gas pedal reached around 3/4 down there was a little resistance and then it clicked and then the pedal went all the way down.was just wondering if anyone else has had this issues,as I don’t ever recalling the pedal doing that before.it does the same thing when engine is off too.Thanks for any feedback

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

have a 2018 gmc 6.2l with 4000miles,was driving down the highway today and decided to punch it and when the gas pedal reached around 3/4 down there was a little resistance and then it clicked and then the pedal went all the way down.was just wondering if anyone else has had this issues,as I don’t ever recalling the pedal doing that before.it does the same thing when engine is off too.Thanks for any feedback
Do u have the eco deal where it goes from 8 cylinders to 4 might be a activation thing for that

Sent from my moto e5 cruise using Tapatalk

13 hours ago, Marlin1983 said:

Mine has what I call a detent, it freely goes to about 3/4 full open then there is a little resistance to fully open the beast up. Lots of discussion on the pedal sloppiness. It’s almost like okay, here you go under normal acceleration you only need 3/4 but if you really need it just stomp harder. Probably more of a design flaw than a usefully designed purpose. I do not hear any clicking sounds though.

51 minutes ago, Hillwood said:

Floor mat in the way?
You're stepping on a black box.
Shouldn't be a detent.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Probably a bad choice of words, it just has a hesitation in smoothness at the 3/4 point. Nothing in the way, I do have the all weather mats but it’s clear of them by a lot. I do have adjustable pedals and have them set about as far forward as they go but not all the way. Let’s be clear, I have no complaints with mine but there is something that hinders the fully smooth transition. I looked up there when routing the amp wires, just to see what is there and see nothing to explain my pedal movement characteristics.

I’ll have to drop by the dealer and see what they say,there’s a definite clicking when you hit that 3/4 down,then you can push past that to the floor.ive checked multiple times and there’s nothing in the way,it does the exact same thing when engine is off.

Edited by Marlin1983

• 3 weeks later...

I have a similar issue with my pedal, when taking your foot off, with light pressure.  Its pretty annoying, and will be going into the dealer for this, along with a water leak, from what i believe is the shark fin that drips onto the ebrake pedal.  My truck has 8700 miles on it.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...

I had a 2017 5.3 that didn't do this. My 2018 has done it with 4 different pedals. It is not just at 3/4 throttle though. My first pedal did it as soon as I start pushing it and then anywhere that I decided to hold it, it would pop when it came to a stop and pop again when I started to move it again. My 4th pedal pops at random times and every time that I release it completely. GM has not told me once that it's supposed to do it. Their executive resolution team has now told me that they aren't going to attempt to fix it any more. I lemoned my 2017..... and I am going to lemon this one too.

my solution, was actually the paint stick trick.  it must be the plastic pedal assembly rubbing on the steel.  i showed it to my dealer on saturday, when i went in for an oil change and allignment.  i'll try to upload a picture later for you.