2018 Sierra Denali

Hey guys,

Just looking for some input. I just bought a 2018 GMC Sierra Denali and i have been looking through this site for a week or so looking for a leveling kit. I love the truck and ride but i would like to have it sit a little higher in the front. I looked at just doing the shocks all the way around but nothing seems to work with the magnetic suspension. Don't want to go more than 2" level because of the CV angle. I even looked at just doing the 3.5 suspension lift from i think RC but it seems to be getting some bad reviews with the replacement of the upper control arms. I don't off road which means the truck will spend it's life mainly on the road but like to have it there if needed. I would like to keep a little rake for pulling my boat but i can always add a block to the rear if needed. I plan on keeping my stock wheels (20's) but will be upgrading the tires with the level kit. 

Any input would be greatly appreciated as far as level kit and tire size. Even if you have some pics of your leveled truck so i can get an idea of what I'm looking at would be great. 

Thanks,

Huff

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Did you notice any difference in the ride. I just got a 2018 denali and that’s the only kit I have found for the mag ride.I was going to order Wednesday. I have already put my wheels and tires off my 2014 slt on the 2018, with a slight rub at full turn sometimes(275-60-20 cooper at/3)

Edited by Hutch949

2 hours ago, Hutch949 said:

Did you notice any difference in the ride. I just got a 2018 denali and that’s the only kit I have found for the mag ride.I was going to order Wednesday. I have already put my wheels and tires off my 2014 slt on the 2018, with a slight rub at full turn sometimes(275-60-20 cooper at/3)

I think i can tell a difference but it could just be me knowing that the level kit was done. Lol. So if there was a change then it was very small if any difference. Still the best ride I've ever had in a pick up truck. I went with the 2 inch and new toyo at's. No rub at all. I will pay pics soon as the rain around here let's up. I got to say the truck looks like a truck now and I'm happy with it. 

4 hours ago, Tilldain said:

i'm in the same boat took delivery on December 14th and want to level mine out.  i was able to find the rough country mag ride level kit.

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B01DQ45CLS/?coliid=IXL48STJJRL9T&colid=36B7UCULXMQPP&psc=0&ref_=lv_ov_lig_dp_it

That's what I ended up going with. I will post pic soon

• Thanks 1

8 hours ago, BillK01 said:

Please do!  I would like to see it. 

Me to!

9 hours ago, huff4x4 said:

That's what I ended up going with. I will post pic soon

What tires are you looking at and how is the ride?  from what i read that should keep the ride very close to stock.  

1 hour ago, Tilldain said:

Me to!

What tires are you looking at and how is the ride?  from what i read that should keep the ride very close to stock.  

It rides very good. There might be a small difference or it just might be knowing that i put a level kit on it. I ended up going with the Open Country AT's. I ended up going with the 2 inch and i still have less than a  1/2 inch rake but looks much better. Plus I'm done with the rake for when i haul my boat. 

IMG_20190101_102341.thumb.jpg.cb5c3e120657edfa7d94c7cc686ca43e.jpg
That looks amazing. Did you up size the tires ?
I need to order mine that clears it up. Did you do the install? It doesn't look to bad dropping the lower arm and bottom shock mount.

Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using Tapatalk

6 minutes ago, Tilldain said:

That looks amazing. Did you up size the tires ?
I need to order mine that clears it up. Did you do the install? It doesn't look to bad dropping the lower arm and bottom shock mount.

Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using Tapatalk

Yes i done the install myself. Was not bad at all. I went with 285/55/20 tires. I kept the factory wheels. 

• Like 1