2017 GMC Yukon Denali - disappearing CarPlay Icon

I have a 2017 GMC Yukon XL Denali in which the Apple CarPlay icon recently disappeared. The CarPlay screen can be accessed via a rather cumbersome approach via settings. Anyone have a similar issue?

D8A07159-E939-449B-9752-E7F2242C49C1.thumb.jpeg.ac7cd2282fcaf60e5de8c989059c7c95.jpeg

I think you have to press and hold to show/hide app icons. Projection icon might be hidden

So I can get it to open edit mode, but don’t see an add/delete icon section 25D70DF0-AFB6-4FEA-94CC-5ED6EB80F884.thumb.jpeg.39142c2ba7212a6a52213e796c23defc.jpeg

That’s weird, not even at the next few pages in the screen?!

Check at Settings if Apple CarPlay is activated (ON), and make sure you enable Siri in your iPhone to use CarPlay. It is supposed that once you plug the lightning cable, the car will show CarPlay at the screen immediately.

If nothing work, then you might have a faulty situation that needs a dealer or a workshop or chat with GM customer support for a solution

• 1 year later...

I was in the same situation for over a year and dealer was of no use. Finally went into Apps on the GMC screen and uninstalled apps. Seems like Marketplace app was covering it, but I installed everything else anyways because they are of no use really. I believe to access Apps, you have to have the GMC connected to an internet connection through GMC settings and Wifi, and connect to either your home wifi, or phone hotspot wifi, or any wifi you have access to that the car is near.

• 1 month later...

I just had the same problem with my 2018 Silverado yesterday.  I held down on the buttons to arrange them.  Moved all of them that were on the 1st page and that didn't help.  Then I started deleting apps (from the 2nd page).  Finally when I deleted one of the apps, the Projection icon appeared from behind it.  I possibly could have just moved that app instead of deleting it.