2019 a-pillar gauge mount

Hello GM Truckers,

Just ordered the Banks goodies for my 19' 2500 6.6L, called them and they could not verify the a-pillar gauge mount fits the 19 model year, I was a little frustrated as I figured they want to sell products to 2019 owners as well.  Does anyone know if

https://shop.bankspower.com/i-2624-63336-full-pillar-mount-2-gauge-for-use-with-2014-17-chevy-gmc-truck.html

Will fit the 2019, if not what are you guys running?

Thanks Happy Friday!

Hello GM Truckers,

Just ordered the Banks goodies for my 19' 2500 6.6L, called them and they could not verify the a-pillar gauge mount fits the 19 model year, I was a little frustrated as I figured they want to sell products to 2019 owners as well.  Does anyone know if

https://shop.bankspower.com/i-2624-63336-full-pillar-mount-2-gauge-for-use-with-2014-17-chevy-gmc-truck.html

Will fit the 2019, if not what are you guys running?

Thanks Happy Friday!
I hope you have the means to repair your truck when you have a fault..
You're about to void your warranty.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Thanks for not answering my question.

And Of course that's rather obvious, I have the means to remove air box, Derringer, and pillar gauges if I need to take it in for a warranty repair.  They advertise it that way, unless there is something they are not telling. 

Much appreciated

• Like 1

The derringer is what I am talking about.. The engine max torque output to the transmission is burned into the TCM.. It will void the warranty.. you can't just take it out..
Every program event makes the ECM and TCM counters go up..
I'm just trying to make sure that you are aware of this...
I can't help you on the pillar cluster..
I do wish you well on your mods though!

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

1---Thanks for the answer Jay,

2--Hillwood thanks for getting my attention to make sure I make the best choice possible.    I reached out to Banks directly just to dig on it a little, I dropped your quote below in the email.

"The engine max torque output to the transmission is burned into the TCM.. It will void the warranty.. you can't just take it out..
I'm just trying to make sure that you are aware of this..."

THEY RESPONDED WITH

"""The Banks Derringer is a tuner and does not modify the factory computer. The information from the forum is incorrect.

If the Banks product was a programmer this information would apply.

Regards,"""

Hmmmm, not sure if they are comprehending your statement or are dodging the answer.

What do you guys think??

• Like 1

Brent, the Derringer is an inline tuner, not a programmer. An inline tuner intercepts signals between sensors and alters them before sending to the ECU. The ECU and TCM are unaware that the data is being altered and change their calculations based on the information supplied by the sensor data, which again is being altered. Again, the ECU is unaware of the presence of the data-altering module. Hillwood is correct above where he points out that the TCM records high torque peaks. But it doesn't matter and here's why. To have your warranty voided, your engine or trans must suffer catastrophic failure then the techs must be able to determine that it was caused by the Derringer OR one of Banks competitors, of which there are a few. Here's an analogy. You leave the garden hose 1/4 open to slowly fill the flower pot in your. You walk away and come back a few minutes later and it's full to the rim. Based on past experience, you know it should have taken much longer to fill that huge flower pot. Did your neighbor open the nozzle to full for a moment, fill the pot, then close it down to 1/4 again while you were away? It would appear so, but you don't have video cameras in your backyard so you're left with no proof, just circumstantial evidence. If you're still on the fence, I recommend you join the Derringer Owner's Facebook Group and ask any one of the 800+ members. All are real L5P owners like you with real-world experience. Ask them then make your decision. Cheers. 

Edited by Jay Tilles

• 2 weeks later...
On 1/2/2019 at 3:58 PM, CS19HD said:

1---Thanks for the answer Jay,

2--Hillwood thanks for getting my attention to make sure I make the best choice possible.    I reached out to Banks directly just to dig on it a little, I dropped your quote below in the email.

"The engine max torque output to the transmission is burned into the TCM.. It will void the warranty.. you can't just take it out..
I'm just trying to make sure that you are aware of this..."

THEY RESPONDED WITH

"""The Banks Derringer is a tuner and does not modify the factory computer. The information from the forum is incorrect.

If the Banks product was a programmer this information would apply.

Regards,"""

Hmmmm, not sure if they are comprehending your statement or are dodging the answer.

What do you guys think??

Great replies to the same individual twice! (2 posts on this page)

Edited by JimCost2014