2018 Sierra headlight not working right

So I noticed that when I pull up behind a FLAT tailgate or whatever, my passenger side headlight was extremely dim. The bottom line is the gears to adjust it went bad. My dealership did not hesitate to offer a fix... I say this because if others are out there and dealers giving them the run around it’s just wrong. My dealership has ordered a replacement under warranty.

1 hour ago, SS502 said:

So I noticed that when I pull up behind a FLAT tailgate or whatever, my passenger side headlight was extremely dim. The bottom line is the gears to adjust it went bad. My dealership did not hesitate to offer a fix... I say this because if others are out there and dealers giving them the run around it’s just wrong. My dealership has ordered a replacement under warranty.

I thought that they adjusted the voltage/output of the headlights through the computers in the truck.

5 hours ago, JimCost2014 said:

I thought that they adjusted the voltage/output of the headlights through the computers in the truck.

Hey Jim, I think they do as far as output goes, mine is the adjustment factor. The light itself seems plenty bright but pointing down towards the ground. When I flash the high beams it does get brighter. See the picture, the right side just points lower (although the left seems high to me but they say it’s okay) but is still very bright. Dang won’t let me orientate 

672DF3B1-97C8-4F7B-997B-04846C3A09F1.jpeg

Edited by SS502

35 minutes ago, SS502 said:

Hey Jim, I think they do as far as output goes, mine is the adjustment factor. The light itself seems plenty bright but pointing down towards the ground. When I flash the high beams it does get brighter. See the picture, the right side just points lower (although the left seems high to me but they say it’s okay) but is still very bright. Dang won’t let me orientate 

672DF3B1-97C8-4F7B-997B-04846C3A09F1.jpeg

Good to hear that they are going to take care of you. The way GM stands behind their vehicles is why I stay with them. 

Got my new headlight today, wow what a difference, these babies are bright! I’ve been basically driving with just one aimed properly and the bad one pointing down (broken gear inside I’m told) and it was pretty good with just the one. So thank you Lee Buick/GMC for the fast fix under warranty ?

6 hours ago, SS502 said:

Got my new headlight today, wow what a difference, these babies are bright! I’ve been basically driving with just one aimed properly and the bad one pointing down (broken gear inside I’m told) and it was pretty good with just the one. So thank you Lee Buick/GMC for the fast fix under warranty ?

Good news, sounds like a good dealership!

Edited by JimCost2014

7 hours ago, JimCost2014 said:

Good news, sounds like a good dealership!

They really are, had it done in 30 minutes and even took spray cleaner to the whole grille area. What I also found refreshing was that the service manager even shared the information on the newest transmission shudder fix. I told him so far mine shifts just fine and he told me what to watch for and not wait if I start having issues. He also said that people who really baby their truck (not saying that’s bad, I don’t rag mine but I do enjoy the experience) seem to have the most issues or at least notice it more often. Trust me, since reading about it, I stay very aware for any signs but am happily happy ? 

14 hours ago, SS502 said:

They really are, had it done in 30 minutes and even took spray cleaner to the whole grille area. What I also found refreshing was that the service manager even shared the information on the newest transmission shudder fix. I told him so far mine shifts just fine and he told me what to watch for and not wait if I start having issues. He also said that people who really baby their truck (not saying that’s bad, I don’t rag mine but I do enjoy the experience) seem to have the most issues or at least notice it more often. Trust me, since reading about it, I stay very aware for any signs but am happily happy ? 

Hey, have you noticed that there is now a rating system for replies? See I am pretty damn smrt, (yea that was intended), big brother likes my thinking.

• Like 1