StevenStarke

20x10 -24 with 295/60/20 Installed. RC level only.

Got this done today.  Rubs up front when turned 3/4 of max. At the back of the well on the factory mudflap. Since those are drilled in and can’t be easily removed, anyone have any advice if best way to trim it so decrease rubbing? 

PS: Wheels are Fuel Mavericks and tires are Toyo AT2’s. 

Got a pretty good deal on all of it. Level kit, wheels, tires, lugs, front wheel alignment and Mounting and balancing came to about $2400. And I sold my stock 20’s for $1500. So I’m happy overall. 

3F0EC23A-9AFF-41E0-A693-059B71101C16.jpeg

• Like 2

4 hours ago, StevenStarke said:

Got this done today.  Rubs up front when turned 3/4 of max. At the back of the well on the factory mudflap. Since those are drilled in and can’t be easily removed, anyone have any advice if best way to trim it so decrease rubbing? 

PS: Wheels are Fuel Mavericks and tires are Toyo AT2’s. 

Got a pretty good deal on all of it. Level kit, wheels, tires, lugs, front wheel alignment and Mounting and balancing came to about $2400. And I sold my stock 20’s for $1500. So I’m happy overall. 

3F0EC23A-9AFF-41E0-A693-059B71101C16.jpeg

Have you tried trimming some of the plastic?  It's the negative offset that's causing them to rub.  The only thing I can think of besides lifting it higher is to check with the dealer and see if they have any other type of plastic cover to go there instead of the mudflaps.  I believe there are a few different options but I'm not sure if they make a small cover for it instead

27 minutes ago, z1boss said:

Have you tried trimming some of the plastic?  It's the negative offset that's causing them to rub.  The only thing I can think of besides lifting it higher is to check with the dealer and see if they have any other type of plastic cover to go there instead of the mudflaps.  I believe there are a few different options but I'm not sure if they make a small cover for it instead

I’ve done nothing as of yet. They make different pieces even for the 19? The dealers by me are retarded, how would I go about finding that?

9 minutes ago, StevenStarke said:

I’ve done nothing as of yet. They make different pieces even for the 19? The dealers by me are retarded, how would I go about finding that?

Here are a couple of the OEM versions.  There may be more out there and I believe one member installed mudflaps on his car after buying it so he may have small covers that he removed it.

There is also a post where one member removed them and bought plugs for the holes.  Click the post below and scroll halfway down.  Hope this helps.

https://accessories.chevrolet.com/search/2019/Chevrolet/Silverado 1500#/98018/Splash Guards?sortId=top

Edited by z1boss

I trimmed the mudflap and liner with a dremel. That solved 80% of my rubbing issue. Now it only rubs if I’m close to full lock 

• Like 1

Take the garbage plastic ones off and put a set of gaterback flaps on and now your talking...