2002 Sierra 1500 help me please

So my automatic transmission in my Sierra 1500 is driving me nuts. So put it in drive just fine not lunge jerk nothing hit the gas and it has plenty of power but wont go into second  just keeps revving higher and higher until I let off gas and the when it hits about 2000 rpm shifts to second. Cant get it into next gear. I've changed filter, and solenoids. What do I do? Dont really have the money for new transmision

Pfffffeeeeewww. There' are a number of things it could be. Do you have access to a scan tool? Or even a code reader with data display/ Torque? A quick and dirty test to check for limited/ basic transmission function is to unplug the connector from the top/ right side of the transmission and go for a drive. It will default to "limp mode", and if the internals are functioning properly, your truck will take off in 2nd, with a rather hard shift into 3rd. Unfortunately, that's all you'll get (plus Reverse). Also, report back if you can glean any more diagnostic results.

I had a '91 Camry back when I was in high that my dad and I rebuilt the transmission on. When we put it back together, we had difficulty remembering how the valve body went together and when it was put together had to let off the gas for it to shift. If you recently purchased it, it sounds like the previous owner tried to do a cheap fix and get rid of it. If you had owned it for a while, could be due for a rebuild. Good luck, sorry to hear of your issues...

Some common issues:
- church balls hammering on the separator plate eventually get stuck in the plate
- early valve desIgn resulted in valve wobble. Updated design includes larger valve cylinder and update valve desIgn

Typical tran rebuild shop will often order an updated valve body setup rather than trying to rebuild the current , especially if the clutches disintegrated allowing for fine material to flow through the valves.

Also, check internal wire harness.