Fixing leaking transmission cooler lines

I have the same issue many have had. Leaking where the lines are crimped onto the hose.

I’m going to fix this myself but just had a couple questions. Can I dremel the crimped portion off while it’s in the truck and can I disconnect the lines there without draining any transmission fluids? Lastly does anyone know what size the line is? I want to order a flaring kit but want to make sure I have the right size.

Thanks in advance!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Are you dealing with the radiator/ cooler end or down by the transmission? I'm assuming up top and front. If so, yes you can cut it apart/ disconnect it without draining the trans or anything. At worst, you'll have a small amount of fluid dribble out. I don't think you'll be able to do any flaring because these lines are much harder than brake line (it was an issue for me in the past on an older Silverado). However, I believe there is a small flare/ lip on the end of the line under the crimped section that you can slip the hose over and clamp on.

Are you dealing with the radiator/ cooler end or down by the transmission? I'm assuming up top and front. If so, yes you can cut it apart/ disconnect it without draining the trans or anything. At worst, you'll have a small amount of fluid dribble out. I don't think you'll be able to do any flaring because these lines are much harder than brake line (it was an issue for me in the past on an older Silverado). However, I believe there is a small flare/ lip on the end of the line under the crimped section that you can slip the hose over and clamp on.

Dealer quoted me 500$ to replace the lines. I wasn’t aware the lines could be shipped to my door for 100$ CDN. Im considering doing this instead. What sucks is I know the lines will fail again.

Also the lines are leaking down low closer to the transmission.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk