Four wheel drive problems?

Hello everyone new to the forum. So i have discovered in a snowstorm today that i have an issue with my 4 wheel drive system. the Auto 4wd works just as it should but when i engage 4Hi only the rear tires spin this also happens with 4Lo i can hear and feel the transfer case shift into Low Range but only the rear tires are spinning in Low range and once again as soon as i apply the auto 4wd switch the front tires engage and it works fine. Anyone have experience with this issue and if so why would the auto 4wd be the only range that works.

The truck is a 2005 Silverado Z71 4x4 Extended cab regular bed. 1/2 ton any more information just let me know.

Tried putting my  06 Silverado  in four wheel drive and it clicked and selector switch lights when out. They flash one time when I turn the switch on to start the truck . I've removed the battery cables still didn't help.Any suggestions? I can put the truck in gear and and it sounds like it's going into four wheel drive but not no light on selector switch to tell me if it's in four wheel drive

Edited by Warsmith