light bar mounted in 2018 sierra

Finally got light bar mounted after a lot couldn't and had to send light back I have heard. I ordered a 30" curved light bar from Rough Country and Like so many I didn't know anything about the stupid grill shutters. I wanted the light bar so bad since I was use to one on my 2015 I wanted to find a way.

I fabricated some bracket standoffs( I will call them) to push the light bar out past the shutters not wanting to do without the shutters functionality. After a lot of cutting and fitting there is a way. I did have to do without the grill shutter extension( I will call it) and cut the 4 vertical struts from the grill.  Now I want to hook the light up to the bright shutter circuit but cant remember where I tapped into it in the under hood fuse box on my 2015. Can anybody help with info?

truck 1.jpg

truck 2.jpg

truck 3.jpg

truck 4.jpg

• Like 2

So you didn't have to cut any of the shutter assembly at all?  You eliminated the shroud/surround that goes around the shutter assembly to tie them into the grill, correct?  Looks like from your pictures you cut the top half of the RC brackets off, cut the grille, and added some spacers.  Seems easy enough.  Were the top halves of the brackets hitting the grille? 

Edited by lapoolboy

it was hitting the top part of the grill and there was enough support from the bottom half of the bracket. it was easier to just eliminate the top part of the bracket. it wasn't bad at all once I had a plan. just a little fitting which is normal when fabricating something like this. It was well worth the effort. As you said no shutters cut. just if I can find the high beam shutter circuit now. I did it on my 15 so I know it can be done.

2 hours ago, Iceman4226 said:

it was hitting the top part of the grill and there was enough support from the bottom half of the bracket. it was easier to just eliminate the top part of the bracket. it wasn't bad at all once I had a plan. just a little fitting which is normal when fabricating something like this. It was well worth the effort. As you said no shutters cut. just if I can find the high beam shutter circuit now. I did it on my 15 so I know it can be done.

White wire on the driverside wireharness for high beam trigger.   

• 2 weeks later...