Procharger tune and Trans tune

Looking to get procharger kit for my truck.   Does anyone know if THEIR tune will eliminate the DoD/AFM and remove the speed limiter,  and most important could I still use my Diablo intune3 for the trans so I can keep the firmer shift?  Thank you in advance for the help. 

What tuner do they give you with the kit? If it flashes the stock to and replaces that then there are options to keep that as stock file and then change other. Hpt allows you to have a PCM and a tcm tune so you can swap and write combos.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

But this was my concern I have to return it back to stock before I send it out to procharger that will wipe both programs out,  I guess I can use the Diablo to just do the trans after I get it back together.  Maybe I need to make a couple phone calls to see what both company's say

4 hours ago, Hbbambislayer said:

But this was my concern I have to return it back to stock before I send it out to procharger that will wipe both programs out,  I guess I can use the Diablo to just do the trans after I get it back together.  Maybe I need to make a couple phone calls to see what both company's say

oh I see what you are saying, and the Diablo probably tunes both computers at the same time.  Yeah, That's going to be a tough one to answer 

17 hours ago, Hbbambislayer said:

They don't provide 1,  with the 2017 and up models I have to send them my ECU they do whatever they do then send it back. 

If you are only sending them the ECU then they are not tuning the transmission as it has its own separate control module.

14 hours ago, 1SLOW1500 said:

OK we are at the point where is has got so confusing the original question can't be answered.
So now we need to know year and trans.
Then what is the software used to tune by procharge? Separate or not it matters.

Procharger uses HP Tuners to do their tunes, I have a D1SC on my 2017 Camaro SS and have spoke with their tuner.

To the OP I think your Diablo tuner will be done if you have Procharger do a tune. HP Tuners has the ability to write either the ECM or TCM separately or together. The Diablo flashes the entire file for computers at the same time and thus will overwrite the Procharger tune. You can always ask Procharger, but there will be a considerable upcharge if you have a 2017+ as the TCM has to be sent to HP Tuners to have the security encryption decoded and then it can be flashed. You are looking at $250 for the security part, then another $200 to unlock the TCM to tune it.

Last I looked to tune a 2017+ GM vehicle with the auto is around $400 for tuning credits just to be able to make changes to the modules, the $250 to unlock the TCM security and then what ever the tuner charges for their tune. So you are at $650 before you even have the tuners charge for their tune.

That was my understanding also that it is hpt. So that is a good thing. You should just sell the your other tuner. And if it was me pay the. Oney to have the tcm unlocked. Then buy a hpt. You will have everything. If all you want is the old trans shifts scan it save it and write it in the hpt. But you will want to scrap it and have a new tune based on the new power.
You will have. Whole new tune with the ability to change at any time. Then if you wish can get a email tuner, dyno shop, or just post tuner and have them cleaned up.

Thanks to both of you for the info,  almost sounds like I am better off getting the tuner kit and having a shop do a tune for me save a lot of trouble on my end.  I just wanted to be able to install it myself than enjoy it.  Procharger opens in an hour I am going to give them a call first ask them a few questions first.  I spoke with Diablo they weren't very helpful but I believe the 1 person is correct that it does flash both computers together not each separately I remember that when I would do something it would always do both no matter what I messed with.  Grrrrrr.  Maybe there's a different SC company that gives a hand held instead of mailing them my stuff.  Edlebrocks I know I have to mail in I guess I'll check whipple and Magnusson.   Just preferred the Centri over PD. 

Well procharger was helpful in answering my questions all were no and have to do a custom tune to do anything.  They don't even remove the speed limiter, really,  sell me a supercharger and keep it limited to 99mph.  Whipple uses HP tuner that may be the way to go call them in an hour.  I just want to install it my self it shouldn't be this complicated. 

There are 2 ways to look at this, a centri will make power in the mid to high range near WOT. The Roots will make better power off of idle. So it depends on what you want. I have a D1SC on my Camaro SS making 650 to the wheels, while my truck has the same engine I am considering a LT4, Maggie or Whipple for the truck as I want less than 600hp to the wheels and would rather have it down low instead of up high.