P0112 & P0114 Diagnostic Codes????

Service engine light came on my 2017 GMC Sierra SLT 5.2.  OnStar diagnostics sent me the codes P0112 & P0114 and said to service truck within 7 days.  Googled the codes a bit and came up with anything from a dirty air filter to a bad air temperature sensor.  Did find a bird in my radiator grill when I did a tad bit of investigating.  Removed the poor bird and thought that might take care of the situation.  But the service engine light is still on.  I've got over 60,000 miles on the truck but I do have an extended warranty up to about 120,000 miles.  I'll change the air filter out myself but was hoping some of you have already had the unfortunate experience (sorry) and can tell me whether to fool with having to take it to the shop for a couple of days (inconvenience) to get the air temperature sensor replaced or if I should just drop by Advance Auto and pick one up for $15.00, install, and be done with it.

I called myself searching this site for this problem already (P0112 & P0114 codes) but nothing came up.

Thanks in advance!

Cujo

Edited by Cujo
Better explanation

grill is a little work to get off the lower trim needs to come off first so you start at the wheel well. But it is easy after that. I always say do it your self. I'm assuming it is a ambient air sensor in the grill? Not the air flow sensor in the maf card? Also known as the baro. 

Update. I checked & blew out (cleaned) air filter. Disconnected and cleaned the maf. Check engine light still on. Called my local dealer and they checked it out per the codes and found nothing. Everything was functioning as it was supposed to be. They cleared the codes and after $57, sent me on my way.  I will say I drove almost a tank full of gas with the check engine light on and my mpg went from around 22-23 up to 25-26. Of course that was per my truck gauge but I’m going to check it the old fashioned way on my next tank full to verify.

They need to take two techs and drive the truck. Then the other guy can read the scanner and see if the maf tables are reading right. We know they are not and that means your fuel trims are changed also.
But if you mpg is that high just turn off those two codes and call it a gift.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

Update #2:  After the dealer cleared the codes and finding nothing, I drove the truck to a local tire dealer to rotate the tires and fix a tire with a nail in it.  Soon as I pulled out of the driveway of the tire shop, on comes the check engine light.  I stopped and bought a can of MAF cleaner & decided to install a new air filter.  Drove it on another short trip and the check engine light stayed on.  Drove it to church the next morning and the check engine light went off.  Drove it on another short trip Sunday afternoon and the check engine light came back on.  Got in it on Monday morning to go to work and the check engine light went off and has been off all week.  I'm hoping it takes a while for the MAF to calibrate/reset or whatever after cleaning the MAF and/or changing the air filter. I'm just glad it's finally off but I'm not confident that it will stay off.  Oh, and checking the gas mileage the old fashion way and not accepting what the truck gauge said, I got 21.9 MPG on my last tank full.