Fixing leaf spring popping

Here’s the google search of the threads on this site for leaf spring noise.

https://www.google.com/search?q=2015+silverado+leaf+spring+noise+site:www.gm-trucks.com&source=lmns&bih=1010&biw=834&prmd=svin&hl=en-US&ved=2ahUKEwjI36TLgezgAhXJjIMKHScYCNIQ_AUoAHoECAAQAw

as you can see there’s many many threads on this subject.

To answer your direct question. YES some have got the stealer to replace them others NO. Most of them that have been replaced it was warranty work mostly bumper to bumper. 

Fixes 

1. Power wash in between all leafs 

2. Power wash/scrub between all leafs and use your choice of lubricant everything from wd40, PB blaster, axle grease, silicone spray, and ect. I forget them all...

3. Clean leafs jack up rear so suspension hangs free and place your choice of rubber from a bicycle inner tube all the way to thick rubber sheets bought from home store in between the leafs lower truck off jack before driving.

4. Same as #3 only using other miscellaneous materials in place of rubber.

5. Leaf spring clamps. Probably after a good cleaning? I forget

6. Replace one or both assemblies with the “updated number” springs at your cost, dealers cost, GMs cost, 3rd party warranty or some combo of the above.

6A. Go to local driveline/spring shop have custom springs made and installed

6B. Purchase a MONSTER lift 6+ inches that comes with new springs install or have installed at local 4x shop

7. Drive truck to competitors stealership of your choice and trade for that brand truck telling yourself it’s the best damn thing ever leaving your comparison of said truck to old truck on this forum and how we should all do the same before disappearing off this site and joining saidtruck.com forum to complain about all the features your new ride doesn’t have and how sh!tty it rides compared to your old truck.  It’s a vicious cycle...

8. Read 25 threads over the course of 2 weeks about “how to fix” , get discouraged, give up, crank the tunes and decide to live with it.

Everyone of these “fixes” except the last one or two. Some people will say fixed it forever, some say worked for X amount of time, some say came back, some say didn’t work at all. 

I choose number 8 for a couple reasons first I don’t recall ever reading where anybody had any kind of ill effect from them making noise other than noise, I ain’t paying for new factory springs to maybe or maybe not have it come back, and mostly I live on gravel so keeping them clean and lubed ain’t happening in this lifetime.

I might someday if I run out of other sh!t to do to it try some rubber but since it hasn’t happened yet it probably ain’t going to happen...

Best of luck in your decision & choice!

Oh I forgot another “fix” is retorting the ubolts anywhere from factory  torque specs to as tight as you can. Again some say it’s forever fixed to it didn’t do anything.

Edited by wforrest08
  • Haha 1