replacing broken dash

Hey guys, I have a 2009 Silverado LT with a broken dash (after researching the broken dash issue, it sounds as though maybe everyone on this forum might have one). I am looking to replace it myself, and was wondering if anyone had any suggestions on a quality aftermarket one. Some stuff that I was reading said to stay away from GM OEM parts because they'll likely crack again, which makes sense. Also I was wondering if anyone had any good sources of video walkthroughs (I dont want to forget a bolt or screw and break a different dash panel too). Thanks in advance everyone. 

I don't think it matters who you get one threw they will crack as some point. I don't know of a video but I'll look for one. I know the LTZ dash can be done in an afternoon, I would think your would be similar. Just note everything you take off and reverse the process. 

I have always considered covering a dash cover in leather and gluing it on the top. Could look nice and would add to the issue of the factory dash being too thin, If anything an aftermarket may be a thicker plastic.

On 3/19/2019 at 12:22 PM, Mikebtte said:

I have always considered covering a dash cover in leather and gluing it on the top. Could look nice and would add to the issue of the factory dash being too thin, If anything an aftermarket may be a thicker plastic.

I'm hoping aftermarket would be thicker and take care of the problem

1 hour ago, dsr611 said:

Pretty much the same as in this video

Thanks, I saw this one, was the most thorough even though I was looking for my identical dash but you're right, best walkthrough I could find too.

• 4 weeks later...