Center screen - pending new option?

My dealer has said on a few occasions now that they are expecting a new large center screen to compete with the Ram 12" screen in next gen trucks.  No proof or detail provided - has anyone else heard of such a rumor?

Ready to replace my '17 Denali 3500 SRW, but don't want to do a like for like with a '19.  Waiting to drive new Denali and RAM  Not too impressed with interior on next generation GMC's - holding out hope they bring more to the party.  

1 hour ago, Gagliano7 said:

That big screen would make me not want it. Wait till those things have problems going to cost big bucks.

Only keep my truck through its warranty period and then replace - not worried about it.  I want the new complicated stuff... :)

2020 HD's will have an 8" diagonal, except for base truck radio which is a 7".

Same sizes as 2019HD's.

IMHO, just cuz ram does something, doesn't necessarily make it a good idea. 

For better night vision we need less interior lighting, not more.

• Like 1

One of the earlier pictures of that brown High Country at GM grounds had an interior photo from the outside looking in that seemed like it had a much larger screen but I'm not conspiracy guy. There's been nothing announced at this point. Looks like an improved 8" is what they get for the time being.