Passenger DRL and low beam not working

2014 Silverado. 

I have morimoto Hid low beams installed for around 18 months.

I noticed the amber DRL on the passenger side wasn’t working, and the low beam passenger side wasn’t working.

The turn signal works on the passenger side so I know the bulbs for that are good.

Ive checked the fuses, and when I unplug the bulb from the ballast and back in, I hear it “fire”.

The high beams work fine as well as the fogs.

Looking for help with other things to check, or look for.

Thanks

0C9FAAF3-AEBD-490F-B47A-C2B26C0A4B72.jpeg

I have the same truck with the same kit and it did the same thing. I tracked it down to a bad bulb and then a bad blast. For good measure I also replaced the relays. Troubleshooting sucks cause of the air box you have to remove every damn time to swap items around. I got my kit from theretrofitsource and their customer service is awesome.  Now my lights work, however whenever I start the truck on a cold morning the passenger side will not always fire. I drive a little while and turn the lights on manually and the bulb will fire. I suspect the problem is a short or loose wire in the main wiring harness since the light will work after things warm up. 

Good luck on your troubleshooting. 

theretrofitsource will tell you to swap relays around and see what happens. If problem is the same then swap bulbs between the two sides and see if the problem moves to drivers side. If it does not then swap the ballast from each side and see what happens. It really works down to relay, ballast, or bulb as you main items to check.

On 4/8/2019 at 10:23 AM, vonrokker said:

I have the same truck with the same kit and it did the same thing. I tracked it down to a bad bulb and then a bad blast. For good measure I also replaced the relays. Troubleshooting sucks cause of the air box you have to remove every damn time to swap items around. I got my kit from theretrofitsource and their customer service is awesome.  Now my lights work, however whenever I start the truck on a cold morning the passenger side will not always fire. I drive a little while and turn the lights on manually and the bulb will fire. I suspect the problem is a short or loose wire in the main wiring harness since the light will work after things warm up. 

Good luck on your troubleshooting. 

theretrofitsource will tell you to swap relays around and see what happens. If problem is the same then swap bulbs between the two sides and see if the problem moves to drivers side. If it does not then swap the ballast from each side and see what happens. It really works down to relay, ballast, or bulb as you main items to check.

Thanks for the reply.

I tracked it down to a bad bulb also. The retrofit source is awesome and are sending me a new set of bulbs free.

I switched every possible part from the drivers side to the passenger side. The bulb was the last part I switched because of the air box. 

The running lights were burnt out also.

its weird everything went out at once.

For now I have one hid and one stock bulb. It’s amazing the difference the hid kit makes!

48038E66-662D-4C26-A48F-58F3C2003EF6.jpeg