Great Dealer. Re 8 speed shudder repair

2017 6.2 8 speed AT 23000 miles 

with all this talk about 8 speed shudder and GM requiring a test before they would do fluid change 

I mentioned I “thought “ I felt it on a long 6000mile trip just back from. Told them not sure it would do again in city ... no problem dealer said no need to test if it felt like going over rumble strip at speed  we have lots of 8 speed with t that issue  In now for fluid change :)  I’m lucky I have a dealer who has always been fair. After hearing the hassle some of you going thru to get this done 

whether I really had the shudder or not I want the good fluid in my truck a I keep them for 60-70 k 

I have felt the shudder, usually at a 50MPH, for about 2 seconds at a time and only happens once in a while. 

I only have 2400 on the truck, I will probably bring it up (unless it gets worse) around 20k or so.  That way my new service interval won't be until about 70k for the fluid.

2 hours ago, CDNSS said:

2017 6.2 8 speed AT 23000 miles 

with all this talk about 8 speed shudder and GM requiring a test before they would do fluid change 

I mentioned I “thought “ I felt it on a long 6000mile trip just back from. Told them not sure it would do again in city ... no problem dealer said no need to test if it felt like going over rumble strip at speed  we have lots of 8 speed with t that issue  In now for fluid change :)  I’m lucky I have a dealer who has always been fair. After hearing the hassle some of you going thru to get this done 

whether I really had the shudder or not I want the good fluid in my truck a I keep them for 60-70 k 

Good for you! I heard there was one on the planet.

• Haha 1