Activating 7 pin plug 12v power

Does anyone know how to get 12v power to the accessory line/trailer battery hook up on the new silverado 7 pin trailer plug? Does it just need a fuse to be added or is there a jumper line for it?
Not sure but my 16 leer cap had a plug and play t connector that you popped off the wire harness from the back of the 7 pin on the bumper. It sent one wire to the third brake light in the cap and the other was an always on live 12v signal for the dome light in the cap.

I asked my leer dealer if it was the same on the 19s and he said no, leer said they had do something different because that method would not work on the 19s. I don't remember the details. Not sure if that helps. All I got for ya.2ea0d49065cd7ea40faaa8d3eca1469c.jpg

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

• Like 1

17 hours ago, ShamrockShooter said:

Not sure but my 16 leer cap had a plug and play t connector that you popped off the wire harness from the back of the 7 pin on the bumper. It sent one wire to the third brake light in the cap and the other was an always on live 12v signal for the dome light in the cap.

I asked my leer dealer if it was the same on the 19s and he said no, leer said they had do something different because that method would not work on the 19s. I don't remember the details. Not sure if that helps. All I got for ya.2ea0d49065cd7ea40faaa8d3eca1469c.jpg

I'm going to start digging through fuses and see whats hooked up. I know there's one for a trailer battery. I'm going to check and see if the fuse is in place seeing it should be routed to that pin in the plug and go from there. Only down side to being the first owners of a new generation of trucks lol

I'm going to start digging through fuses and see whats hooked up. I know there's one for a trailer battery. I'm going to check and see if the fuse is in place seeing it should be routed to that pin in the plug and go from there. Only down side to being the first owners of a new generation of trucks lol
My leer dealer mentioned about getting 12 v from the trailer to wire the cap on the 19s. Try calling a Leer dealer and ask them how they wire the lights and accessory for the 19s. They might be able to explain it.

Fuse 63, 30 amp is TRLR BATT in the underhood block.. 

Red wire with a Green stripe, circuit 742 Battery Positive Voltage. 

Not sure how the camper places are doing it though.  The bed wall cargo lights are now integrated into each respective side tail light harness, so you can't do a CHMSL for a camper shell with the cargo light plug like on K2 trucks.  GM had a dedicated terminal cavity for that purpose that was in the bed cargo light connector. 

Edited by newdude
  • Like 1

On 4/17/2019 at 3:07 PM, newdude said:

Fuse 63, 30 amp is TRLR BATT in the underhood block.. 

Red wire with a Green stripe, circuit 742 Battery Positive Voltage. 

Not sure how the camper places are doing it though.  The bed wall cargo lights are now integrated into each respective side tail light harness, so you can't do a CHMSL for a camper shell with the cargo light plug like on K2 trucks.  GM had a dedicated terminal cavity for that purpose that was in the bed cargo light connector. 

I figured out what was going on. I blew the fuse. It puts a full 12v to the accessory from the factory. I must have crossed a wire. Working great now though. I'm using the 7 pin to power an electric jack and a transfer pump for a little mechanics trailer I'm making.

20190418_151651.jpg

• Like 2

I figured out what was going on. I blew the fuse. It puts a full 12v to the accessory from the factory. I must have crossed a wire. Working great now though. I'm using the 7 pin to power an electric jack and a transfer pump for a little mechanics trailer I'm making.
20190418_151651.thumb.jpg.1e6836db947a7000fe0f74c99ef38864.jpg
You need a better pic of the deer heads. The racks got cut off.

• Like 1

53 minutes ago, ShamrockShooter said:

You need a better pic of the deer heads. The racks got cut off.

Lol I'll have to get a pic when I go back to my pops house. Mostly a bunch of west Texas deer. 2 or 3 of them are pretty decent deer.

• 2 years later...
  • 3 weeks later...
On 9/22/2021 at 8:23 AM, Unclebud87 said:

Sorry it's a little late getting back on this. I really dont remember which fuse it was but I'm pretty sure it was in the fuse box under the hood.

Would you mind taking a look at your panel and see if you can remember. I check #63 for trailer power and my fuse is good. Just not charging trailer battery and I am at a loss. 

• 1 month later...