2019 Silverado aftermarket amplifier power cable routing through firewall.

Just ordered an amplifier kit from LLJ Customs that includes their loop back harness. I have to run a power cable through the firewall. There is a grommet on the passenger side closest to the battery. Has anyone used this grommet? Any insight and photos would be appreciated. I will post pics when I do the job.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, bigwig said:

Just ordered an amplifier kit from LLJ Customs that includes their loop back harness. I have to run a power cable through the firewall. There is a grommet on the passenger side closest to the battery. Has anyone used this grommet? Any insight and photos would be appreciated. I will post pics when I do the job.

I have. You can see that grommet if you take the cover off the footwell and I pushed a wire snake through there, taped the wire to it and pulled it out.  Perfect spot and that’s why it’s there. Here’s a bad pic but I think you can see it come through. Shows how I mounted my breaker too...3AE7495C-6382-4EA1-BBD0-7F5130D3B6F7.thumb.jpeg.c667d79104e555a06cea2bb7ec27509e.jpeg

Edited by Limelight

I cant really see it, but I was going to to go through the nipple coming off of the side of the grommet. I was going to get one of those glow stick necklaces to use as a snake so that I could see it pretty easily from under the dash. Was is pretty accessible from the dash side once you got your snake through?

My bad. I can see where it goes in. I thought about trying to remove the glove box if it's like the old style Silverado. I'm going to have to access the radio module to the right of the glove box to put in the loop harness so I was hoping to get access to the grommet from the inside if I take off the glove box.

1 hour ago, bigwig said:

My bad. I can see where it goes in. I thought about trying to remove the glove box if it's like the old style Silverado. I'm going to have to access the radio module to the right of the glove box to put in the loop harness so I was hoping to get access to the grommet from the inside if I take off the glove box.

I took off the glove box but I can’t remember if I needed to or not. I have a short section of snake that has a rounded edge- but just enough of an angle that it’ll poke through the rubber. Dielectric grease (or some Vaseline) on the cable will help it pull right through but allow your hole to remain small.  Makes a great seal.  

Edited by Limelight