Another AFM question...

Sorry if this comes off as dumb...  Do all 5.3's really have AFM?  I've had my truck for awhile now and have yet to see the V8 light or V4 light on while driving...  This has concerned me to the point where I was worried I had a 6 cylinder, which I don't.  Thanks!

Depending on what trim level you have to toggle though the display screens on the dash till you get to the Fuel Economy screen. In the bottom right corner it will say V8 as your driving it will change to V4 when the cylinders deactivate. If you toggle though your screens and don’t see the Fuel Economy screen you have to go into the settings on the screen and select the page(s) you want to be able to toggle on the dash. 

• Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, wforrest08 said:

Depending on what trim level you have to toggle though the display screens on the dash till you get to the Fuel Economy screen. In the bottom right corner it will say V8 as your driving it will change to V4 when the cylinders deactivate. If you toggle though your screens and don’t see the Fuel Economy screen you have to go into the settings on the screen and select the page(s) you want to be able to toggle on the dash. 

Oh ok, so basically you only see it  on the fuel economy screen?  Makes sense...  I always drive with the digital speedo running and will only look at fuel economy screen after I've parked.

The answer is No.

Dynamic Fuel Management comes with the 5.3 on the upper trim levels.

Active Fuel Management is on the lower trim levels.

The T1 trucks do not show which mode you are in like the 2014 and up K2s

• Thanks 1

6 hours ago, Sierra Dan said:

The answer is No.

Dynamic Fuel Management comes with the 5.3 on the upper trim levels.

Active Fuel Management is on the lower trim levels.

The T1 trucks do not show which mode you are in like the 2014 and up K2s

Yea new for 2019, thanks!

Lol...  now that I know where to find it I can go back to being ignorant of its existence, it doesn't really bother me.