Hi guys this happened to me twice to my GMC Acadia 2013 i am basically driving then there would be a sudden gear shift and check engine light would come on with StabiliTrak off ,Traction control warning light rear view camera off. I would slow down to complete stop car but then when i press gass paddle i would get nothing car would just barely role but rpm would go up. Then really slowly i would get the some power . On both times i would have to shut down the car then go to setting in dashboard and reset everything back on from TC, camera ect after shutting car off and resetting only check engine light would be there but after few hour of driving engine light would disappear this happens twice in past 3 months. Codes i am getting is P182E P0700 transmission control system MIL. When Google code it say TCM needs to be repaired but i hear its expensive since engine is involved.

Took it to a mechanic for a scan and this is the report they give me if you guys can take a look and give me some advice here should i trade in this car? how bad is this i men i have 3 kids in this car i really don't like what happens

Thanks guys much apriciated

IMG_3581.jpg

That code is for the internal mode switch. We have changed a few of them and it is not an easy or cheap job. I would pull apart the transmission connector and examine all terminals for corrosion, backed out terminals, chafed or broken wires etc. I have seen that be the issue more times than an actual failure of the internal mode switch. If all looks good then get a good scan tool and watch that the IMS follows the ranges as you shift threw the gears.If not I'm afraid you will be going inside the trans for the repair.Good luck.

5 hours ago, mjm-1957 said:

That code is for the internal mode switch. We have changed a few of them and it is not an easy or cheap job. I would pull apart the transmission connector and examine all terminals for corrosion, backed out terminals, chafed or broken wires etc. I have seen that be the issue more times than an actual failure of the internal mode switch. If all looks good then get a good scan tool and watch that the IMS follows the ranges as you shift threw the gears.If not I'm afraid you will be going inside the trans for the repair.Good luck.

Thanks you for the help quick question transmission connector where is it located under the car or top thank you again 

Right in the front of the trans, rectangular connector with a bail type latching mechanism , easier to get to and see whats going on with it from the bottom. Has an orange connector position assurance tab  you have to pull out toward the drivers side first.

1 hour ago, mjm-1957 said:

Right in the front of the trans, rectangular connector with a bail type latching mechanism , easier to get to and see whats going on with it from the bottom. Has an orange connector position assurance tab  you have to pull out toward the drivers side first.

Hi there it’s a transmission  connector it’s right in front and it’s blue I have attached a pic and when you guys replace the mode switch do  you take entire transmission out and is the mode switch located in front of the transmission I am asking I seen some people do it without taking the entire transmission out thanks again man 

CD601734-A79A-4856-B8D1-D1064E765153.jpeg

Clean it with electrical contact cleaner, parts stores carry it, the trans stays in the car but the valve body, tcm and shift linkage have to come out. Not for the beginner. If it turns out to be the IMS I would recommend bringing it to a dealer or trans shop.

Hi me again i need some advice since you have fixed this problem on few cars should i do this repair or trade in this car for Toyota sienna 2017 since you have experience what would you do thanks in my situation

I did clean  transmission connector. I took it off and clean it with electrical contact cleaner and you also mentioned to examine all terminals terminals are what? and what exactly are backed out terminals

Thanks you so much for your help man

If thats the only thing wrong with it then get it fixed and move on. Hard to get another vehicle for the cost of this repair. The terminals are the metal pins that you see in the connector body. If you dont know what I'm talking about your in over your head and time to bring it somewhere-trans shop, dealer.Good luck.

• 3 months later...

Hey guys,

I have been dealing with the p182e and p0700 codes for several months.  A tranny shop replaced the IMS switch 2 or 3 times, checked all kinds of connectors but I get the the occasional codes showing up, once every week or two, sometimes more often in that timeframe.  Still happening only when I put it in Park.  Does any one have any ideas,??  I'm just short of going to the dealership which will be  $$$$$$$$..   

• 3 months later...

OK SO, here's the update.   On my 2014 Silverado, which was the first model for that year, I have traded in the truck for a 2020 Silverado  LT Double Cab.  I KNOW !!!  I KNOW!!!!!  I may run into the same thing.   This error was very occasionally with no reason or rhyme and only happened IF I let the  RED highlight  gear indicate stay disappeared in Park (P) for like more than 3 seconds.  THEN the error code/engine light would pop on.  BUT if when I put it in Park and the red gear indicator disappears and I see it quick enough, I can just pull it out of Park and the gear indication comes back and I re-try putting in Park to see if it catches.  SO, there was another issue that cropped up (again, sporadically, like 22k in between occurrences) that finally prompted me to trade it in on a newer model.  2020 Silverado LT Double Cab.  Crossing finger s this one was not made on a Monday or Friday.  HEHEHEHE ;)... I'm actually happy with the new one.  The 2014 had 115K on it when I traded it and this new one I got for about 20 bucks more a month and has 100K bumper to bumper warranty on it.  SOO  i won't find out (by my money anyways) what was wrong with the 2014 truck.  I really hope you guys find a resolution to yours.   Good luck.