GM accessories Only Tonneau Choice

I know, tons of threads on tonneau covers. Because I have some credits to use on accessories, my choice is limited to GM covers for my 19 Trail Boss.

I am considering the Hard Folding by REV which looks identical to the Bak Mx4, or the GM version of Fold a cover which is the G4 I think.

Want something that is no drill, no drain tubes, works in the winter (get 100 inches of snow), and looks good.

They are both about the same price. The fold a cover looks like a better design, has a better storage box, allows front bed access only, and has a keyed lock, but does not look as good IMO, and covers part of the stake pocket. Other than looks, what is the advantage of the Mx4 cover?

What are the long term durability of these covers, and how do they handle when covered in snow at 10 degrees outside?

Thanks for your input.

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

Dude, I've been doing a ton of research as well. I actually ordered my LT Trail Boss with the Tonneau Cover and side steps package. I picked up the truck on Saturday (6 weeks ago) and I was to bring it in Monday to install the cover and on Monday they told me that the cover was recalled. I've been waiting up until recently when the dealership finally cut me a check for the cover so I could go elsewhere. Nightmare. 

I looked at the Bakflip Revolver and while the design is cool and the look is sleek with no ribs or joints and sits perfectly fluch on the bed, the exterior is a very thick vinyl and that could get scratched or cut by branches, road debris. The concept is great but they need to find a better material for the top before I go that route. What I did like about it is that when it rolls up all the way, it doesn't block the rear window and when it locks down when closed, it is solid an there is no way you are getting in there. Anyway, I have been doing a ton of research and I have come to the conclusion that the Bakflip MX4 is the best one for me. It's mat black, aluminum, can withstand over 400 lbs of weight on top, it seals and locks well.I looked at truck hero that has a similar one but the underside is lined with fabric which is a recipe for getting cut or stained from leaking, etc. The only down side to the Bakflip is that its only accessible when you open the tailgate, no lock to open it when the gate is closed. 

That's my 2 cents. 

Mine has the recalled cover as it was part of the purchase package as well, they did the "fix" to it and it's awesome!  There wasn't anything wrong with it before, but whatever.  I really like it!

The recalled cover looked decent but I could see daylight all around it so I had them remove it then it was recalled. Little did I know it was screwed on. So now I have 8 or 10 screw holes. Looks like the other GM covers are clamp on thank God.

With several posts of issue s with the Bak Mx4 I'm leaning towards the fold a cover.

The trail boss is tall. I'm 6 ft and the top of the bed rail is at my armpit level.

I have a feeling the gm Mx4 having to pull a release cable every section for something that is shoulder level will be tough. The fold a cover is just one lever then fold it back

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

• Like 1