Front USB port charging issue

Has anyone had any issues with the front dash usb ports charging very slowly?  I notice when I use the front ports the phone charges very slowly but when I use the console or the rear ports it charges fine using the same wire.  I used an app on my phone that is supposed to show charging info, I don't know how accurate it is but these were the results:

Wireless: 4.88 watt and 977 mA

Front USB: 4.07 watt and 814 mA

Centre console: 8.14 watt and 1629 mA

Back seat: 12.21 watt and 2443 mA 

It shows that the front ports charge slower than the wireless charger.  It's also strange that the charging increases as you go farther back in the truck, you would think it would be the other way around.

I brought it in and got the ole "working as intended" spiel.  The tech said he plugged his phone into each port and they charged at the same speed.  Not sure how he actually measured that but whatever.

Truck is a loaded 19 AT4.  PFA

67223189_10157583047582652_5673285402945912832_o.jpg

• 1 month later...
  • 2 years later...

Yes, I have the same problem with the usb port. It almost drains the battery of my cell phone rather than charging it. I have a 2020 Chevrolet 2500 FWD Diesel. I even turned the usb-c port over to see if that would change anything. It did not change anything!

42 minutes ago, emptyk51 said:

Yes, I have the same problem with the usb port. It almost drains the battery of my cell phone rather than charging it. I have a 2020 Chevrolet 2500 FWD Diesel. I even turned the usb-c port over to see if that would change anything. It did not change anything!

I found this online:  https://my.chevrolet.com/content/dam/gmownercenter/gmna/static/pageImages/learnAbout/articles/documents/GM_Wireless_Charging_Compatible_Device.pdf 

This shows me my cell phone Galaxy S20 Ultra 5g is incompatible with my Chevrolet's cell phone charging system. Galaxy

's technical department says the phone is too new to work on the 2020 pickup!