In 20 seconds you can become part of the worlds largest and oldest community discussing General Motors, Chevrolet and GMC branded pickups, crossovers, and SUVs. From buying research to owner support, join 1.5 MILLION GM Truck Enthusiasts every month who use GM-Trucks.com as a daily part of their ownership experience. 

Sign in to follow this  
Heide

Electronics Module Issues?

First the radio stopped working, no

problem found but then it started working again. Then the ac was registering low Freon, but there was no leak. Then the backup camera stopped working, but started again. Now the door locks work sporadically. My dealership is stumped. Help?!

First the radio stopped working, no

problem found but then it started working again. Then the ac was registering low Freon, but there was no leak. Then the backup camera stopped working, but started again. Now the door locks work sporadically. My dealership is stumped. Help?!

Any history or things to mention about the condition of the car?

What is the condition of the battery? I have some friends who had some VERY WEIRD symptoms and they have found out that the battery needs to be replaced (or loosed terminals needs to be tightened up), and for sure with the same exact rating (80 Amps in their case)

I agree sounds like the system is dropping below minimum voltage, low voltage with cause damage so most new equipment shuts itself off to protect itself when voltage drops. Check battery and alternator.

I think there was an issue with one of the battery cables on some of the models. I agree with the other posters, batteries can cause some very strange things to happen and sometimes it is either a dead cell or a cell on the way out and can be very hard to diagnose. Good luck.

Thank you all! We’ll try a new battery. It is the original battery and I have been driving it since 2014 with 60k miles on it now. 

That always seem to be a strange thing for the people that are facing this problem. But I would say that it is a usual problem that is faced by many GM people. The main problem is poor pcb quality. It is like teeth, if you feel pain in one tooth, then you will feel pain in another as well after a few days. The same is with electronics, if a piece is malfunctioning, than you will have problems with more. Usually the main cause is pcb. You need to take it out and check the problem. I can also suggest you to read a guide for understanding circuit boards, so you can repair it by yourself. Personally I didn't found it that hard, besides that the guide is very easy.

Edited by MichMurray