Towing mirrors Help.

I have these exact towing mirrors for my 2017 Silverado. They're made by CIPA, if I remember they cost me around $240 CAD a year ago. They're great because they slip on your existing mirrors and look almost factory... Almost. 94d6348cb877c7b8b8657c63a73cb5cc.jpg

Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using Tapatalk

• Like 1

Can anyone recommend clip,strapon towing mirrors. 2019 GMC Sierra double cab. Truck has everything for towing my travel trailer but towing mirrors can't see to change lanes. Thanks.
Those nice CIPA mirrors are not available for the new 19s yet. I used a slightly older version. Of the camping world mirrors below for 600 miles and they were adequate for what I needed. Put some painters tape on your mirrors first to protect from rub marks43225ec738612f26d84f3185543d46ff.jpg

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Canadian GM Guy said:

I have these exact towing mirrors for my 2017 Silverado. They're made by CIPA, if I remember they cost me around $240 CAD a year ago. They're great because they slip on your existing mirrors and look almost factory... Almost. 94d6348cb877c7b8b8657c63a73cb5cc.jpg

Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using Tapatalk

Would need to trade mine in on a 17 for these to work. Thanks. 

1 hour ago, ShamrockShooter said:

Those nice CIPA mirrors are not available for the new 19s yet. I used a slightly older version. Of the camping world mirrors below for 600 miles and they were adequate for what I needed. Put some painters tape on your mirrors first to protect from rub marks43225ec738612f26d84f3185543d46ff.jpg

Thank you for the info and link will order a set.  

6 minutes ago, Welder2014 said:

Haha dude, the 14 and the 17 have the exact same mirrors! The 2014-2018 silverado and sierra 1500s and the 2019 sierra limited and silverado LD all share the same mirror design.

CIPA makes slip ons for all trucks except the 2019's as Shamrockshooter already said, although I imagine they're already in the works.

+1 on the use of painters tape to protect the painted mirror caps from rub marks.

Screenshot (3).png

Screenshot (4).png

I guess if you want to save $60 bones go ahead and buy the $20 pair. They'll do the same job as the slip on style. I personally feel the slip ons are more secure feeling, I test fitted both styles when I was shopping. Clearly my memory wasn't that good, I just checked my local retailers site here in Canada and they're actually around $100 CAD.

2 hours ago, ShamrockShooter said:

Ahh yes the pain of owning the latest and greatest haha. I hope other than the lack of aftermarket you're enjoying you 19! Too right about the painters tape, these things do scratch mirrors!?

26 minutes ago, Welder2014 said:

Oops, my apologies Welder, I was looking at your BIO and it said you drive a 2014, I was inattentive, my mistake!!! Yes Shamrockshooter is correct then, the only option for your truck is the strap on style, Make sure you fit them securely, I've heard of them blowing off or coming loose and smacking peoples doors if not secured properly. 

I towed with the camping world mirrors for about 12 hours mostly on the freeway going 65 and they did not budge. The mirrors themselves have slight vibration to them from the wind so it makes the image in the mirror a little blurry at times, but they were adequate to see behind my travel trailer. I had the CIPA mirrors on my 16 and loved them. I keep checking every month or so on their website to see if they have them yet for the new 19s

Thank you for the info and link will order a set.  
Disclaimer as I said I'm using an older version of these. They look about the same but I don't know if they changed the design or not. Good luck, hope they work for you.