In 20 seconds you can become part of the worlds largest and oldest community discussing General Motors, Chevrolet and GMC branded pickups, crossovers, and SUVs. From buying research to owner support, join 1.5 MILLION GM Truck Enthusiasts every month who use GM-Trucks.com as a daily part of their ownership experience. 

Sign in to follow this  
yohshua

Power Folding Mirror Swap 2015 Tahoe

I just wanted to start this in hopes it helps someone out. I'm not sure how useful it is but still here you guys go.

I know there is alot of information out there about swapping power folding mirrors ,

Some say just all you need is the mirrors and boom all works

Some say you just need to swap the driver side switch and your all set

Truck into,

2015 Tahoe LT with Memory package (A45)

Parts,

Driver side switch:23488411

Passenger side switch:23488406

Mirrors: Power Folding Mirrors

The beginning,

I oped in for the larger mirrors they sell because I came from a 2011 Tahoe and it had proper mirror sizes now to a 2015 that had car mirrors lol. The larger mirrors came with memory and puddle lights and turn signal ( Turn signals you had to wire yourself). Still the larger mirrors are the way to go.

Stock VS Aftermarket 

20190827_182036.thumb.jpg.c7c3fa032333afa848bb8a84870cd4d6.jpg20190827_182139.thumb.jpg.2eb9994a7c0912d18797768457f21f2d.jpg

Now that we got that out the way the mirrors are straight plug and play but you will need the correct driver mirror switch one with the power fold button ( 23488411) and you will also need the correct passenger window switch (23488406) as the power fold commands pass threw this switch as well. Once you swap that in you are all set and you should have fully working power folding mirrors. Any questions please leave a comment I hope this helped someone.

** remember this is the correct part number for a Tahoe with the memory package (A45) if you do not have this then your part numbers will differ**

Stock on driver side aftermarket on passenger side

20190831_131252.thumb.jpg.5d849307a7188900e4b4b3ce75604f31.jpg

Both side replaced

20190831_142453.thumb.jpg.fe92f8acb04114c6cf7dc62ea02727b1.jpg

• Like 2

Nice install and write up! I agree, the factory mirrors on this suv platform are too small.

He’s correct folks. If you have seat memory, the 2 switches and appropriate mirrors are all that’s needed to enable the fold feature.

If you opt for mirrors with features like the puddle lamp, turn signal and auto dimming, and you have an LS or LT trim vehicle, additional wiring is needed which I can provide.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, cmatt said:

Nice install and write up! I agree, the factory mirrors on this suv platform are too small.

He’s correct folks. If you have seat memory, the 2 switches and appropriate mirrors are all that’s needed to enable the fold feature.

If you opt for mirrors with features like the puddle lamp, turn signal and auto dimming, and you have an LS or LT trim vehicle, additional wiring is needed which I can provide.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Thank you. I figured I would write this up after following bad advice from another site and getting the wrong switch originally.

Nice write up. I wonder if you can answer a question for me regarding the new mirrors you installed. Did you gain the feature of the mirrors going down when in reverse ? That's one feature I miss from my previous car. I have a 2017 Suburban LT model with just standard mirrors but would love for them to tilt down when in reverse especially now that I added wheels.  

On 9/19/2019 at 11:18 AM, J'sWagon said:

Nice write up. I wonder if you can answer a question for me regarding the new mirrors you installed. Did you gain the feature of the mirrors going down when in reverse ? That's one feature I miss from my previous car. I have a 2017 Suburban LT model with just standard mirrors but would love for them to tilt down when in reverse especially now that I added wheels.  

I'm sorry for the late reply but no the option does not come up.

does the memory function work in your new mirrors after this swap?  Not finding an answer to that.  We have A45 memory seats and of course the mirrors don't have memory.

I have a 2020 Suburban LT and want to switch the mirrors out to power mirrors with the blinkers and lights in them, i found a used set off a 2019 for $100, will these be plug in play and will everything work

once plugged in or do i need another harness? 

No, you will have to wire them for turn and puddle lamps. They will do memory and fold if you replace the passenger switch. Member cmatt makes the harnesses, and is a great wealth of knowledge with these things. I will suggest escalade mirrors as I did on mine - much larger, and I absolutely love them...

• Like 1