In 20 seconds you can become part of the worlds largest and oldest community discussing General Motors, Chevrolet and GMC branded pickups, crossovers, and SUVs. From buying research to owner support, join 1.5 MILLION GM Truck Enthusiasts every month who use GM-Trucks.com as a daily part of their ownership experience. 

Question

I had a nail in my tire so I went to the tire store to get it fixed , while I was there they rotated and balanced my tires . Now it’s saying my tire is low again and won’t pick up that the tires been fixed . I relearned the tires on the dash but nothing . It’s a 2019 Silverado 

5 answers to this question

More than likely, they damaged the sensor. Given today's manufacturing practices, there's also a chance the battery is already dead ... but given that you just had work done, I'm betting they damaged the sensor.

Bring it back to them, and tell them the sensor hasn't worked since they repaired your flat.

• Thanks 1

I had a nail in my tire so I went to the tire store to get it fixed , while I was there they rotated and balanced my tires . Now it’s saying my tire is low again and won’t pick up that the tires been fixed . I relearned the tires on the dash but nothing . It’s a 2019 Silverado 

Discount Tire?

On 9/11/2019 at 2:10 PM, TXGREEK said:

Discount Tire?

Did you check the pressure in that tire?  Don't new trucks come with some form of tire warranty?  Did Discount tire remove the tire from the rim or did they just plug the tire?  If they only plugged the tire then they couldn't of damaged the sensor.  Given that you spent likely $50k less than a year ago, I would have gone back to my salesman and had him convince the service department they needed to repair the tire as a customer satisfaction thing.

Did you check the pressure in that tire?  Don't new trucks come with some form of tire warranty?  Did Discount tire remove the tire from the rim or did they just plug the tire?  If they only plugged the tire then they couldn't of damaged the sensor.  Given that you spent likely $50k less than a year ago, I would have gone back to my salesman and had him convince the service department they needed to repair the tire as a customer satisfaction thing.

You quoted the wrong person. He stated that it was a tire brand store like a Goodyear.