creaking driver seat on 2018 Suburban

My one real complaint so far, a creaking driver's seat. I'm a big dude, 6'3" and 260 lb, but not THAT big. Never had a driver's seat creak on me before.

Anybody else have this issue? Particularly when going around turns, or whenever weight is shifting around.

Not a serious issue, but definitely an annoyance. Don't want to go poking around near airbags, but just wondering if anybody else has noticed this or had similar issues, and if there's a way to resolve it either via DIY or dealership/warranty?

Thanks 

My one real complaint so far, a creaking driver's seat. I'm a big dude, 6'3" and 260 lb, but not THAT big. Never had a driver's seat creak on me before.

Anybody else have this issue? Particularly when going around turns, or whenever weight is shifting around.

Not a serious issue, but definitely an annoyance. Don't want to go poking around near airbags, but just wondering if anybody else has noticed this or had similar issues, and if there's a way to resolve it either via DIY or dealership/warranty?

Thanks 

I do have have the same issue with 2018 Tahoe Premier (noise from one side), I am planning a trip to the dealer to fix it.

There is already a bulletin (PI1183A) to fix the problem.

https://static.nhtsa.gov/odi/tsbs/2015/MC-10113760-9999.pdf

• Like 1

I have noticed the same "creaking" issue at times in the driver's seat.  It feels like the springs or the heating element is rubbing agains the seat cushion.  I haven't noticed movement like the NHTSA notice states.  Also, it looks like it is only for 2014 models.

I have noticed the same "creaking" issue at times in the driver's seat.  It feels like the springs or the heating element is rubbing agains the seat cushion.  I haven't noticed movement like the NHTSA notice states.  Also, it looks like it is only for 2014 models.

Nope, mine is 2018.

I have many friends complaining the same issue.

• Like 1

18 hours ago, SARNCAN said:

I do have have the same issue with 2018 Tahoe Premier (noise from one side), I am planning a trip to the dealer to fix it.

There is already a bulletin (PI1183A) to fix the problem.

https://static.nhtsa.gov/odi/tsbs/2015/MC-10113760-9999.pdf

Figured it wasn't just mine. Guess I'll bring this up the next time I have it in for service. Yeah, this TSB is for 2014 Silverados, but they're the same K2xx platform I believe, so maybe it applies? Will ask.

Figured it wasn't just mine. Guess I'll bring this up the next time I have it in for service. Yeah, this TSB is for 2014 Silverados, but they're the same K2xx platform I believe, so maybe it applies? Will ask.

If you look underneath the seat, you will find two white plastic holders, they have to support them/it with the black piece of plastic as described in the bulletin.

I do have the same (2018 Tahoe)