Jim

Jim4005

Question

Recently bought my daughter a 2007 Silverado crew cab. Has the 5.3L. After a few hours of troubleshooting a issue she is having with the truck stalling out and losing power. The fuel pump driver module is shit. Excellent engineering idea GM on putting a crucial electrical component tucked up under the spare tire exposed to the elements. Great idea!! Any way. I am ordering a new part. I understand that the new module requires programming using the trucks VIN #. My question is?? The truck had a new motor installed in it in 2018. So obviously the trucks VIN # and motor are not going to be factory matching. Will there be issues programming the new module because of this

1 answer to this question

4 hours ago, Jim4005 said:

Recently bought my daughter a 2007 Silverado crew cab. Has the 5.3L. After a few hours of troubleshooting a issue she is having with the truck stalling out and losing power. The fuel pump driver module is shit. Excellent engineering idea GM on putting a crucial electrical component tucked up under the spare tire exposed to the elements. Great idea!! Any way. I am ordering a new part. I understand that the new module requires programming using the trucks VIN #. My question is?? The truck had a new motor installed in it in 2018. So obviously the trucks VIN # and motor are not going to be factory matching. Will there be issues programming the new module because of this

If the ECM was not replaced, I doubt it.  If you had a Tech-2, you could do it yourself and have a proper diagnostic tool to keep this and any others (up to about  MY2013) running for a long time.