05 silverado cruise control on a base truck

i have an 05 silverado 2500 hd base 2 door cab with rwd. is it true that if a buy a stalk (turn single switch) with cruise control built on it (saw plenty on ebay ) that it is or could be a plug and play?? i know my base truck was wired for fog lights as i added them with a stock switch and a wire harness from the fuse box. it would be cool to have a cruise control on my truck after 15 years! thanks for any input.

mattchrz

• 2 weeks later...

I too have looked into this. I want to add this to my grandfathers pasture truck so when my grandma drives on the highway she doesn’t speed. [emoji23].. happens more than you would think..

I think there is a module in the engine bay that is needed that sits against the firewall, but I’ve never been able to locate it. I know it’s plug and play based off what I’ve read, but I’m not sure what all is needed. Keep us updated.

the fog lights were pretty easy, stock dash switch plugged right in, bought the fog lights on amazon, hardest part was tying in the wire harness to the fuse box under the hood, taking the fuse box apart.

20191014_094554.jpg

• 1 month later...