2020 GMC Sierra 2500HD Error Code P20EE

2 hours ago, davester said:

P0700 is just a generic error code meaning "the tcm has signaled the ecm that it's noticed a problem".

You need a more advanced code reader to get codes from the TCM, indicating the actual problem...

I am aware, thanks.

Thats why I said loss of communication, there were several codes for loss of communication. I believe there is a loose harness connection, probably at the body control module.

I could chase it, but why? i have a warranty, scheduled for next wednesday.

On 10/15/2019 at 11:36 AM, xsvn2o said:

Mine has 6000 miles on it . Its been using a ton of DEF (30 plus gal so far) . after a few dealer visits I am about ready to try a ford . 

* update . The dealer said that GM had an update that is going to fix the issue . Last tuesday they did the update and as of today (6 days later) no check engine lights and DEF appears to be being consumed at a normal rate . I have my fingers crossed this fixes it. 

5 hours ago, Swell said:

2020 gmc with p20ee code . Dealer reprogrammed today but buy the time I got home 40 miles or so it came on again anyone else had this happen

Its a known issue, generally speaking clear the codes and go on down the road till GM releases an actual fix for it.

• 7 months later...
On 9/23/2019 at 8:43 PM, slimjim7772 said:

Purchased a brand new 2020 Sierra 2500HD 6.6L Diesel. The truck had ~400 miles on it when I left the dealership. I drove it for ~200 miles and the check engine light came on. Called Onstar for a diagnosis and they told me it was a P20EE error code. Took it to the dealer and was told this was a known issue and there was no solution although they had a Service Bulletin that said to reset the sensors, set it up for a regen and clear the code. The dealer said the code may or may not come back on. The next day the check engine light came on and I called Onstar again. They told me the same code P20EE. Called the dealer and was told to continue driving it, they said it would not hurt anything else and as long as the truck was running okay then everything was okay. In my opinion if the check engine light is on then the truck is not running okay. Contacted the GM Service Center and was told the same thing, that GM is working on a solution and to keep driving it until GM can resolve.

Now a couple of question: Has anyone else had this happen? Will it cause any damage or other issues in the future if I continue to drive the truck? 

This code just popped on my 2020 2500hd. This is the 3rd time the check engine light came on. 1st was for the fan regulator to cool the engine, which came on 2 days from driving it off the lot and the 2nd was for a heating coil. Has this code p20ee been figured out yet? Would like to know. Any had my truck for 3 months. Any help I would appreciate it. 

• 5 months later...
  • 1 year later...

I have a 2020 3500 Denali and has been in the dealer once or twice a week for the past month for the same P20EE code. Updated software twice, removed and reinstalled software twice, changed NOX sensor twice, and cleaned MAP sensor once. Light stays off for about 60 miles each time. I'll just wait for GM to come up with a legitimate fix or get a lemon law attorney and hope they just replace with a 2023????????????    

14 hours ago, John5 said:

I have a 2020 3500 Denali and has been in the dealer once or twice a week for the past month for the same P20EE code. Updated software twice, removed and reinstalled software twice, changed NOX sensor twice, and cleaned MAP sensor once. Light stays off for about 60 miles each time. I'll just wait for GM to come up with a legitimate fix or get a lemon law attorney and hope they just replace with a 2023????????????    

You might want to make sure the lemon law for your location still applies to the truck, as they vary by state and even location within a state.