Bed replacement options 2008 Silverado 6.5'

I picked up a well used '08 Silverado a couple weeks ago.  It has all the usual bed rot for this generation (if you live in the northeast like me), honestly I think the only thing holding it together is the Rhino Lining.  My goal in the spring is to replace the bed with something in better shape, but saw that apparently GMC 1500 beds aren't compatible?  I don't really care if the fenders match up, more of a function over form type.  I'm sure this has been asked many times here (I'm searching for answers while posting this) - but can anyone advise what'd fit my truck?  It's a 6.5' bed.

Thanks,

--Sam

That's not bad I'll check Craigslist up there.  Most of my hits were down South below the rust-belt, prices range from $800-$2000.  Also looked up the parts at LMC Truck, and the fenders themselves are like $360 a pop, if the rest of the bed is solid maybe I'll teach myself how to weld. :)

I'm not against building a bed from scratch either, won't be moving on it until the spring at the earliest.  I just wanted to get an idea of what's available (and if possible why I'm being told that the bed from a 2008 Sierra is incompatible with a 2008 Silverado).

1 hour ago, Sam S. said:

I'm not against building a bed from scratch either, won't be moving on it until the spring at the earliest.  I just wanted to get an idea of what's available (and if possible why I'm being told that the bed from a 2008 Sierra is incompatible with a 2008 Silverado).

If you switch the whole thing it is ok but the taillights and sides (including where the tail lights mount) are different. May not match the lines of rest of the truck though

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, EXSlider400 said:

If you switch the whole thing it is ok but the taillights and sides (including where the tail lights mount) are different. May not match the lines of rest of the truck though

Ah cool, that's what I thought.  I'm not overly concerned with it matching panel wise, more function over form, I just want the form to not look like hell. :)