Jump to content
  • Sign up for FREE! Become a GM-Trucks.com Member Today!

    In 20 seconds you can become part of the worlds largest and oldest community discussing General Motors, Chevrolet and GMC branded pickups, crossovers, and SUVs. From buying research to owner support, join 1.5 MILLION GM Truck Enthusiasts every month who use GM-Trucks.com as a daily part of their ownership experience. 

Recommended Posts

I have been getting engine codes P0300 and P050D recently upon start up with my 2014 6.2. I've ruled out bad batches of gas, have tried a couple injector treatments with no fix.

 

I've read around and it seems 95% of the time it's a bad injector and the other 5% could be coolant getting into the cylinder via a bad head casting. I've hooked up my scanner and watched live misfire data for each cylinder on cold starts and driving around for a week now. In summary, seems cylinder 2 has anywhere for 100-200 misfires for the first 30 seconds of a cold start then drops to 0 and remains 0 or has 1 or 2 like the rest of them for the rest of the day. Warm starts do not seem to pose any issue.

 

I would think an injector problem would always be an injector problem and not just at cold start. Is this typically how they act when going bad? I am leaning toward possible coolant entry at this point with what the data has been showing. Anybody have thoughts?

 

Trying to decide if I should take to the dealer or replace #2 injector myself.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

99% sure it will be an injector issue over the coolant issue. Its also a very high possibility that it will not just end up being one injector. If you do it yourself check the fuel for contaniments. My in tank fuel pump was deteriorating and putting contaminants into the fuel system, ruining injectors, and hi pressure fuel pump. Luckily my warranty paid for and entire new fuel system.

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Bad #2 injector, known issue with the K2xx trucks. I had one of mine go as well, same codes. Dealer replaced it with a new injector and it has been ever since then.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 10/8/2019 at 1:40 PM, JLaw297 said:

I have been getting engine codes P0300 and P050D recently upon start up with my 2014 6.2. I've ruled out bad batches of gas, have tried a couple injector treatments with no fix.

 

I've read around and it seems 95% of the time it's a bad injector and the other 5% could be coolant getting into the cylinder via a bad head casting. I've hooked up my scanner and watched live misfire data for each cylinder on cold starts and driving around for a week now. In summary, seems cylinder 2 has anywhere for 100-200 misfires for the first 30 seconds of a cold start then drops to 0 and remains 0 or has 1 or 2 like the rest of them for the rest of the day. Warm starts do not seem to pose any issue.

 

I would think an injector problem would always be an injector problem and not just at cold start. Is this typically how they act when going bad? I am leaning toward possible coolant entry at this point with what the data has been showing. Anybody have thoughts?

 

Trying to decide if I should take to the dealer or replace #2 injector myself.

How many miles have you got on that 2014?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.




×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.