Key Fob Programming

A1Scooter

Question

My 2019 GMC Sierra Base Double Cab came equipped with a receiver or with remote key-less entry, whatever the correct term is, but I didn't get key fobs when I picked up my truck. The dealership said they would take care of it. They called me and said come up tomorrow, they were ready to program me a couple of key fobs. They said it will probably take 30 minutes or so but for sure no longer than an hour. After 3 1/2 hours they pulled my truck around and said that GM wouldn't provide them with a code to program the fobs and I would have to come back tomorrow. This is a dealership that specializes in trucks and sells a lot of them. I can't imagine this process being that complicated. Am I wrong, or was I just BS'ed?

1 answer to this question

By no means am I a Tech, but I do know that GM is a bit crazy on owner identification for key codes. However, I don't know of a situation that the dealer wouldn't be able to access that and get you taken care of.