Changing out door handles

Has anybody switched out their door handles with the passive lock button,easy to do like the 14-18 model were?Looking to switch my red hot ones to chrome if I can find part numbers for them.

Edited by flat3500

There's been a thread on this and a member tried to swap them and couldn't get them to work.  Best bet and easiest is to get the chrome covers that apply by 3M tape. Can probably find them on Amazon too.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/2019-Chevy-Silverado-GMC-Sierra-1500-CHROME-4-Door-Handle-Covers-w-4-Smtkeyholes/264215710520?fits=Year%3A2019|Model%3ASilverado+1500&hash=item3d847bcb38:g:G8MAAOSwYNRcdbGp

• 2 weeks later...

We'll see how it goes,found a guy with a full set of chrome take offs for $100.That beats the dealer price easy,I'll find out if it's similar to the 14-18 models and plug and play.

Some may not like the look.Switch was pretty easy,hardest part was figuring out how the plug came apart.Take the door panel off(5 screws on the front,4 on the back,one behind the handle,two behind the armrest,one or two at the bottom) and carefully pop the clips off,peel back the water shield, the connector has a small red L shaped slide first and then a built in spreader that you depress and you pop it apart.Door handles remove easier than the 14-18 ones,no fishing line required to reinstall,they just push back in,and tighten the #25 Torx bolt.

DSC00539.JPG

Edited by flat3500