In 20 seconds you can become part of the worlds largest and oldest community discussing General Motors, Chevrolet and GMC branded pickups, crossovers, and SUVs. From buying research to owner support, join 1.5 MILLION GM Truck Enthusiasts every month who use GM-Trucks.com as a daily part of their ownership experience. 

Sign in to follow this  
triscuitT

Install fog lights into Canyon that doesn't have them in the first place!!

Question

Heyo!

I'm trying to figure out If any knows how or has done putting fog lights onto a base model 2018 Canyon that doesn't have them? Is the a special way to do it, or do I just go buy the assembly and put it on? Thank you!

2 answers to this question

I bought a 2016 GMC Canyon new in August of '16, and checked out the front design for someplace to put an LED light bar.

The bottom of the grille has a an open horizontal space with black plastic supports throughout, large enough for a single 30" strip

of LED lights.  I had the dealership install them as they had to remove the front bumper/grille fascia to do so, because of the black

plastic supports.  I had them use the theft resistant mounting bolts on both sides, and it looks and works great.  I bought the combo

30" light bar that has driving lights in the centre, and flood lights on both ends to light the way around turns...works well.  I bought the

U.S. made name brand lights, not the Chinese knockoffs, as I was paying for a custom install and didn't want to take a chance on the

light bar failing after a few months...over 3 years now and no issues.  The full size trucks have a gap high enough for a double strip LED

light bar, and I think they can go with a 36" long bar, but the Canyon is limited to 30".  Hope this helps!

On 11/14/2019 at 1:27 PM, triscuitT said:

Heyo!

I'm trying to figure out If any knows how or has done putting fog lights onto a base model 2018 Canyon that doesn't have them? Is the a special way to do it, or do I just go buy the assembly and put it on? Thank you!

You can buy the factory lamps/bezels, but you will have to wire them and put in your own switch.  Can't run the factory setup exact.