17 Canyon SLT Heated Wheel

FunGuynKC

Question

Hello everyone!  I am on a mission to put a Denali heated sterling wheel on my Canyon. I am looking to find others that have either attempted to do this, or have successfully added a heated wheel to their truck.

My truck currently has the cruise functions, radio/audio controls and pre-crash on the stering wheel.

Since a heated wheel was not an option for the SLT models in 2017, I purchased a GMC wheel from GMPartsOnline.com (part #84546626).  I was advised that it was a 2 pin stering wheel.   According to my VIN...my truck has a 2 pin setup currently.  I was advised to check for the fuse in the fuse box to see if my vehicle was wired for it.  It  has it.  I am hoping the clock spring on the truck is the one I need for the heat function to work.

Can anyone share thoughts or ideas as to what they suggest for this project.

Thanks in advance!!!

1 answer to this question

I would think a trip to your dealer would answer your question better than here, I can understand your desire for the heated wheel as I live in a Northern area and would not buy a vehicle without it.  Good luck in solving your dilemma.