In 20 seconds you can become part of the worlds largest and oldest community discussing General Motors, Chevrolet and GMC branded pickups, crossovers, and SUVs. From buying research to owner support, join 1.5 MILLION GM Truck Enthusiasts every month who use GM-Trucks.com as a daily part of their ownership experience. 

alexhcmts

2009 C5500 Fuel Sending unit

Working on a 2009 GMC C5500 with a 6.6L. The fuel tank on this truck is underneath the driver's side door/step. We've been searching for a replacement fuel sending unit with no luck. The GM number is 19168835 and the ACDelco number is MU1658, and have been discontinued through GM with no info as to what another option is. We're striking out through aftermarket, and short of trying to adapt something "universal", we're at a dead end. If anyone has had to replace one of these or has any insight on where we could find one, that would be much appreciated.

The firm I have been buying from since 1971 is : Isspro.com  I had a custom diesel fuel / hyd oil tank built for my new 2002 GMC  T-75000  cabover  ..... It came off the assy. line @ the Janesville plant with only an 8 gal. plastic tank , many fuel stops between plant  &  Aluma Tank @ the  Wis / Ill border . .... They built the tank , sending unit & polished it while I watched & learned .....  call with any ??????   Tom Menzel @ (208) 750-8081

Try Rockauto.com, they still list MU1658 as a good number.  Maybe they have some left?