Adding heated steering wheel to our 2018 arcadia

• 1 month later...

The easy answer is replace the steering wheel and SIR coil with Denali versions. Then wire power and ground. Same as many Sierra/Silverado guys have done. The problem may be that at least for 2020, the heated wheel can also be turned on via a network. Whether that will cause a problem just using the switch I don't know. My bet is that it won't matter. I just can't say for sure.

• 2 years later...

(yes, I know the post is old)

I recall seeing a YouTube video of a 2015-2019(?) Tahoe where the guy just replaces the original non-heated steering wheel with an OEM heated one, and it plugged right in and just worked.  Appears all the wiring up through the steering column was the same, so the steering wheel already had what it needed power/connection wise to actually work with a heated steering wheel.  Maybe the Acadia is the same?

• 1 month later...

Sorry just seeing this, but I had a 2020 Acadia SLT, fully loaded with everything but heated steering wheel and sunroof. Wife wanted the heated steering wheel, took to dealership to swap out for a Denali, and they said can't do it. GM wouldn't  allow it???  I thought it was bogus, so I took it to 2 other dealerships and they said the same thing. Ended up trading it in for a Traverse Redline edition that had it a year later. The family needed something alittle bigger, and the Traverse fit the bill. I wanted a Tahoe RST but after seeing the MSRP.....HELL NO!  I'm not paying $75K for a Tahoe. 

as stated before, you can do the swap. will need steering wheel and clock spring. may need a harness for power if its not already prewired. there is a member making them for the Silverado/sierra. you could look him up and see if he can make one for the acadia.

dealerships will say no because they do not want to trouble shoot it.