Floor Plan Raised Lines

I'm curious what the raised trails/lines are on the floor pan of the Tahoe, Yukon, Silverado, Sierra, etc.  It seems like some sort of adhesive, but beneath it there is no seam as far as I can tell.  What is the purpose?

You can see what I am describing here in this instructional carpet replacement video;

The raised, elevated lines are painted blue just like the floor, beneath the carpet and insulation.  They seem to be placed primarily beneath the feet of the driver and passengers and no where else.  You can see it when they remove the old carpeting.

Edited by BlaineBug

• 2 weeks later...
On 12/12/2019 at 6:18 PM, BlaineBug said:

I'm curious what the raised trails/lines are on the floor pan of the Tahoe, Yukon, Silverado, Sierra, etc.  It seems like some sort of adhesive, but beneath it there is no seam as far as I can tell.  What is the purpose?

You can see what I am describing here in this instructional carpet replacement video;

The raised, elevated lines are painted blue just like the floor, beneath the carpet and insulation.  They seem to be placed primarily beneath the feet of the driver and passengers and no where else.  You can see it when they remove the old carpeting.

If you are talking about the "black plastic ducting" (my description), that is part of the HVAC for the rear passengers. Freeze the video at 16:07 and see if we are on the same page.