2015 Brake recall issues

TTR522

I have a 2015 Silverado and a few months back got a recall on my brakes where they had to flash the system. Since then at times in reverse on a slope, my brake pedal has less than half the normal amount of travel. It also then limits the amount of braking I have where it feels as if the truck is pulsing from the rear. There are new rotors and fairly new pads with about 4,000 miles. Has anyone else had a similar issue after taking it to the dealer to get the system flashed?

1 hour ago, TTR522 said:

I have a 2015 Silverado and a few months back got a recall on my brakes where they had to flash the system. Since then at times in reverse on a slope, my brake pedal has less than half the normal amount of travel. It also then limits the amount of braking I have where it feels as if the truck is pulsing from the rear. There are new rotors and fairly new pads with about 4,000 miles. Has anyone else had a similar issue after taking it to the dealer to get the system flashed?

Welcome to the site.

I take it by what you are saying that they did not replace the vacuum pump like they should have.

The reflash is part two of the fix.

• Like 1

Welcome to the site.

I take it by what you are saying that they did not replace the vacuum pump like they should have.
The reflash is part two of the fix.
The flash is not part 2 of the fix it's the cheap fix if there's no signs of vacuum pump failure. The pump is just on an extended warranty program. The recall is strictly for the abs reprogram. Either way you're right he needs to take it back for the pump under warranty.

Sent from my SM-N975U using Tapatalk

• Like 1

1 hour ago, durandetto said:

The flash is not part 2 of the fix it's the cheap fix if there's no signs of vacuum pump failure. The pump is just on an extended warranty program. The recall is strictly for the abs reprogram. Either way you're right he needs to take it back for the pump under warranty.

You are correct, was being politically correct for the holidays using the word "fix".

Had both done on our Tahoe, with the VP being first, then receiving the recall notice for the flash. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, durandetto said:

I replaced my pump the week I bought my truck then had the recall done while the dealer was replacing my cam and lifters under warranty a few months later.

Dang, I guess the positive side of that story is you are slowly getting a new engine (rebuild) as you go.

Dang, I guess the positive side of that story is you are slowly getting a new engine (rebuild) as you go.

Yeah I had to replace 4 injectors a few weeks after getting my truck back from the rebuild. Those weren't under warranty. Thankfully I'm a mechanic and get a good price on parts.

2 minutes ago, durandetto said:

Yeah I had to replace 4 injectors a few weeks after getting my truck back from the rebuild. Those weren't under warranty. Thankfully I'm a mechanic and get a good price on parts.

I agree, any and every time you can save money it is a bonus, these trucks are not cheap to buy or fix.