best beefier tires for my stock 17 inch rim

Hi guys, this is my first time on the forum. I would like to get advice from people with experience about changing my tires to make it more beefier. I would like to keep the original rims and have fatter tires, if that is possible. also, do i need to put a lift kit on it. I've had f150s and ram 1500 before, first time with chevy. super happy though.

Welcome to this forum!  This is a very popular question here and you will find more ideas than you will be able to digest!   I recommend enjoying your new truck for awhile before making changes.  Often a "beefier" look comes at the expense of efficiency and function.  This is not necessarily a bad trade-off but worth considering.  After buying my past three trucks, I replaced the new oem tires with Michelins.  They make a good looking tire, imo,  with superior traction.   I will choose the factory recommended size and select the wider option if available.  For example, my '00 came with 235's but was offered with 245's.   My '09 came with 245's and 265's etc.  The stock width for the '15 SLE on 17" wheels is 255 which I find just right!

You could bump up to a 275/70/17 size without a lift/level. Any larger and you might have some rubbing. I'd stick with p-rated tires unless you do a lot of towing, they are lighter and less stiff so you will not compromise mpg and ride quality as much.

I've had 275/65/18 Goodyear Duratracs and just made the switch to Falken Wildpeak AT3W's in the same size, no rubbing with either set and they fill out the wheel well better than stock size. Duratracs had great traction in all conditions (esp. snow) and seemed to have great tread life, but were very difficult to balance, always had a slight vibration, and got extremely noisy over time. So far so good with the Wildpeaks, they are nice and quiet, minimal weights required to balance, and no vibrations.

Hope this helps.