First upgrades to a new truck

Hey y’all

i just bought myself the 2019 Sierra crew cab in black. I got the base model due to the value I got it under (year end clearance December 2019). I got them to throw in brand new AT4 takeoff 18” wheels and duratrac tires. This is my first pickup truck and man, why did I wait so long to get one!! I’ve had the truck about a month, so far I’ve installed a matte black low profile toolbox, put a 2.5” leveling kit, installed GM underseat storage, installed GM tow hooks, and  installed factory blacked out GMC emblem package. I just ordered some running boards that are OEM knockoffs ($160 on eBay rated really well). Just wanted to see what you guys thought some solid upgrades are to do to a new truck? I also plan on painting the chrome rim on the grill onyx black, my father in law owns a body shop can have it professionally painted to match. 

cheers!

9E75A4C4-5F5C-423A-867D-8C08CF21C7E3.jpeg

FF2878C5-F05E-4401-BE98-D028F1E4DD93.jpeg

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, sully9560 said:

Do you have a link to the running boards?

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

Yes sir! https://www.ebay.com/itm/For-2019-2020-Silverado-Sierra-Crew-Cab-6-Side-Step-Running-Board-Nerf-Bar-S/323712715524?ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT&_trksid=p2060353.m1438.l2649

12 hours ago, slj2008 said:

Welcome - good looking truck . Photo's of grill when painted . Thank's

Thanks! Definitely will. He already has it sitting at his shop painted and clear coated. Just need to find the time to get over there to get it done. I think it will make a huge difference in the appearance as that chrome looks out of place to me on the base model. 

nice truck !   not sure if the Sierras come with footwell and under seat lighting, but my HC didn't. I installed some Govee lights from Amazon.  The interior lighting in the Silverado is weak in my opinion and this simple $30 addition makes the interior look way better at night.   Also added a divider to the center console and added a couple addition USB ports for gadgets charging on a trip. 

1 minute ago, romclean1 said:

nice truck !   not sure if the Sierras come with footwell and under seat lighting, but my HC didn't. I installed some Govee lights from Amazon.  The interior lighting in the Silverado is weak in my opinion and this simple $30 addition makes the interior look way better at night.   Also added a divider to the center console and added a couple addition USB ports for gadgets charging on a trip. 

Thank you! Sierra interior lighting is definitely nothing to write home about, my base model at least. I have been considering doing exactly that! Do you power from a 12v/usb or hardwire it?

6 minutes ago, NCsierra1500 said:

Thank you! Sierra interior lighting is definitely nothing to write home about, my base model at least. I have been considering doing exactly that! Do you power from a 12v/usb or hardwire it?

I ran a wire from the passenger side fuse panel, down the console to the back, and then up inside the center console. It's super easy to access from the back I think.   There are two bolts there in the bottom, snag a ground there and then I put a small panel with a 12v cig socket, two USB powers and a little power switch. (amazon)   I plugged the lights in there, so I always have a way to unplug them.  I buried the controller inside the center console and put one light under each seat and in the foot wells.  it came with a keychain remote, but also has an app to change colors etc.    I like that if you were to add another light kit, rock lights etc.. you can control them all from the app.  not sure I'll go that far, but I like options!

On 1/23/2020 at 8:49 PM, romclean1 said:

That’s awesome nice work dude!

Just installed that rim on the grille that was chrome, we painted it onyx black and I think it came out pretty damn good! What do you guys think? My side steps get here tomorrow and I'm hoping I get a chance to put them on at work, I'll upload a photo if I do. 

IMG_2471.HEIC IMG_2472.HEIC

01873C5F-FAEA-4830-9E61-816940D8E957.jpeg

Edited by NCsierra1500
  • Like 1

58 minutes ago, NCsierra1500 said:

Just installed that rim on the grille that was chrome, we painted it onyx black and I think it came out pretty damn good! What do you guys think? My side steps get here tomorrow and I'm hoping I get a chance to put them on at work, I'll upload a photo if I do. 

IMG_2471.HEICUnavailable IMG_2472.HEICUnavailable

01873C5F-FAEA-4830-9E61-816940D8E957.jpegNice    Completely changes the front end, very cool