1951 Chevrolet 6100

I recently acquired a 1951 Chevrolet 6100 missing its engine and would like to refurbish it. However, Instead of putting in the original engine (Chevrolet 235) I am looking for an engine that came out in the next 10-15 years to put in my truck that will out put 200+ horsepower without being out of touch with the truck. Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

So you still want to go carbureted as opposed to a newer LS motor? I’m not sure what you mean by out of touch with the truck? Either way you’re going to need to modify your front clip they have a variety of different kits I’ve done a lot of them from just a simple weld in your existing frame rails (TCI kit) or to the cutting off your front clip and going with an independent front suspension (Porter Built, fat man, etc.) or a full frame swap (Scott’s hotrods, roadster shop). I currently have a 1949 Chevy pick up in my shop that we’re doing a for Porter built chassis with Accu air air ride all the way around and a 5.3 LS motor. Is yours a flat bed, tow truck or fifth wheel dully conversion?

Edited by CovetedStyle